Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 is KILLING at Amazon.com charts.

Is Sony back?

Back in black baby! 326 61.16%

Hell yeah! 135 25.33%

Right on! 32 6.00%

No. It will fail. 38 7.13%

Total:531
ethomaz said:

Talk about price drop at the console launch is weird and funny

How much time do you expect to Xbone or PS4 have the first price cut?

If Microsoft is smart, they'll drop the price before launch.

It will depend mainly on when Microsoft acts. Will they go for more than one year without a price cut, if things don't go well for them? I doubt it. But I also doubt that Sony will react immediately to Microsoft. Let's say Microsoft drops their price by $100, then Sony will likely give it a few months to see if they have to undercut Microsoft.

I'll say a price cut for X1 in fall 2014 and a price cut for the PS4 in spring or fall 2015, depending on how much sales pick up for Microsoft.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
ethomaz said:

Talk about price drop at the console launch is weird and funny

How much time do you expect to Xbone or PS4 have the first price cut?

If Microsoft is smart, they'll drop the price before launch.

It will depend mainly on when Microsoft acts. Will they go for more than one year without a price cut, if things don't go well for them? I doubt it. But I also doubt that Sony will react immediately to Microsoft. Let's say Microsoft drops their price by $100, then Sony will likely give it a few months to see if they have to undercut Microsoft.

I'll say a price cut for X1 in fall 2014 and a price cut for the PS4 in spring or fall 2015, depending on how much sales pick up for Microsoft.

Sony are likely scraping the bottom on pricing already, I doubt they could afford a significant drop if any.  Microsoft will not drop the price until the following September anyway, there is no point in a panic during the first year.  

Yeah if the PS3/Xbox of this generation has proven, it is better to bring out more value in the box than it is to drop the price. Price drops will not be done very quickly as its not a good plan.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

I'm so torn on whether to keep my PS4 or sell it during the holiday rush.

If I can get $1000 for it I might just do it. $600 profit will fund a ton of PS4 games. Games I otherwise wouldn't have been able to fund. I could stretch that out over a year or so easily. All it would require is me waiting longer to get a PS4.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Madword said:
Yeah if the PS3/Xbox of this generation has proven, it is better to bring out more value in the box than it is to drop the price. Price drops will not be done very quickly as its not a good plan.

Don Matrick and MS are not going back, they will stand tall till the bitter end, check this pearl of wisdom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxkEe_l7S3g

"If you don´t like it, buy a Xbox 360".

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Thanks for this thread, I hadn't yet pre-ordered due to missing out on the launch day initial units which were sold out. but with the new addition of launch day bundles- I just preordered the watch dogs bundle!
Would have considered the Killzone bundle but they also throw in a plus subscription on that bundle and it is $500. My preorder will cost $460.

So excited!

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Won't somebody please think of the seals?!

Signature goes here!

Angelus said:
I understand people preordering the new consoles already (I did as well), but what exactly is the point of putting down game pre-orders this early? Are people really afraid that they're gonna run out? Hell why not just get your console, hook that baby up to the internet and test that whole play as download games feature? Discs are so last gen anyway........

First come first served. Sony said they increased their expected numbers for the PS4 because they saw the purchasing activity and declared that they will not be able to satisfy demand at launch. 

Angelus said:
I understand people preordering the new consoles already (I did as well), but what exactly is the point of putting down game pre-orders this early? Are people really afraid that they're gonna run out? Hell why not just get your console, hook that baby up to the internet and test that whole play as download games feature? Discs are so last gen anyway........

You still need to download a specific amount before you can play (and if the leaked UI video is anything to go by, you can split SP and MP and download them seperately but still need to download the entire thing) and in that time you could be actually playing the disc based version. Besides some ppl like to have physical copies like me.

Still waiting for bundles in the UK... not sure why there wasnt/isnt a day 1 launch pack for the PS4. Hope my order (which i did as soon as it came on amazon) is counted in that if they suddenly add them.

Hope Sony can meet demand, i think its going to be a good Christmas for them.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!