By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 is KILLING at Amazon.com charts.

Is Sony back?

Back in black baby! 326 61.16%

Hell yeah! 135 25.33%

Right on! 32 6.00%

No. It will fail. 38 7.13%

Total:531

Why is the One Controller not at the top of the pre-order charts? What is the meaning of this!?

Around the Network

PS4 kicking asses.

It is strange to have a bundle with the game. I think the main reason it to have more consoles available to everyone, this is a smart move. There's really no such thing as game shortages these days.

It's pretty amazing how much PS4 word of mouth has spread. If you think its selling well now, imagine how it'll sell once people see them side by side in a store. $399 or $499? It's an easy choice for most.

Oh man cannot wait to get my killzone bundle.

Around the Network

Wouldn't mind that Killzone bundle ...

I can't help but wonder how well the perennial shooter franchises will break down between the XO and PS4. That's going to be a big deal this fall. Destiny for the PS4 in the top 20, nice for a new IP. Forza is the top XO game at number 20, at the moment.

RolStoppable said:
VGKing said:
It's pretty amazing how much PS4 word of mouth has spread. If you think its selling well now, imagine how it'll sell once people see them side by side in a store. $399 or $499? It's an easy choice for most.

Yup, most people will wait for a price drop.

Talk about price drop at the console launch is weird and funny

How much time do you expect to Xbone or PS4 have the first price cut?

The PS4 really does look sexy standing upright :)

damm 5 ps4 sku in the top 10. i hope the momentum stays strong after the holidays. im thinking this console will do better then the ps1 but abit less then the ps2

RolStoppable said:
ethomaz said:

Talk about price drop at the console launch is weird and funny

How much time do you expect to Xbone or PS4 have the first price cut?

If Microsoft is smart, they'll drop the price before launch.

It will depend mainly on when Microsoft acts. Will they go for more than one year without a price cut, if things don't go well for them? I doubt it. But I also doubt that Sony will react immediately to Microsoft. Let's say Microsoft drops their price by $100, then Sony will likely give it a few months to see if they have to undercut Microsoft.

I'll say a price cut for X1 in fall 2014 and a price cut for the PS4 in spring or fall 2015, depending on how much sales pick up for Microsoft.

Sony are likely scraping the bottom on pricing already, I doubt they could afford a significant drop if any.  Microsoft will not drop the price until the following September anyway, there is no point in a panic during the first year.