By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Do You Feel About The PS4 Box Design?

I think Sony always make the best looking Gaming Systems, but I think with PS4 Sony dropped the ball.

What do you guys think?

Around the Network

No it looks awesome.

Well the design is uninspiring to say the least. And it seems there are no USB ports in the back, again. What troubles me, is that the box is way too small for the advertised processing power that the system is supposed to be packing under the hood. The weaker Xbox One is almost twice as big in size. WTF ?

When Andrew House introduced it I thought - ohh god it's almost as horrible as Xbone (there was also this awkward moment then when he told a japanese dude to take a bow) then I saw some pics with it standing vertical and it still looked bad. But I've got to say that when it's laying down horizontal it looks better, still not a big fan of the design, especially blending glossy part with matt part.

Xbone is beyond awful for me to be honest, but the black box looks great, better then PS4s blue one.

Overall the best looking console this gen for me is Wii U even though I would rather like it to have the face on the side a'la Xbone so it's wider rather than on the front, enlonging it enormously.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

the box reminds me so much of the ps2

Around the Network

At first I didnt really like it, but after seeing official images and seeing it from different angles with other people its grown on me.

The white one will look supremely good

It's a stroke of genius. This design serves several hidden functions.

IT reminds me of the ps2 which is a good thing I guess. Sony maybe did it on purpose, so 150M of HW confirmed ?

Sexy... one of the best design Sony already created... better than any PS3 desing... I just think the PS2 Slim still looks better.

I'd hit it.