By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Do You Feel About The PS4 Box Design?

Surprised how small it is, but love the design

Around the Network

Trying to figure out if OP is serious.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

CGI-Quality said:

https://sketchfab.com/show/b7LzIm8JrnPw4GBDOMBNGYc39qM

DAT design.

I couldn't care less about the PS4's box. I mean, once I get it home, I'm going to shove it in a closet and never look at it again for at least a good five or six years.

Well at least it looks like a gaming console.

Around the Network

i think the OP is talking about the retail box..

I think the design is nice. I like the blue line on it, but I have concerns.

1. The box looks better standing up, but I have come to believe that my FAT PS3 had problems reading the disk standing up, It would just take longer to seek, so I laid it flat. (no problems since) In fact, I have a theory that my PS3 Blu-ray drive is still alive because it's being laying down 95% of the time. I changed the drive for one of my friend and he liked to keep his standing up.

2. They didn't want to show the back at E3. In all the E3 presentations, I got the feeling that they didn't want people to see rear/bottom of the console. It make me wonder, "Why?" I didn't get to see the rear until the Sony pictures were released.

Over all I'm pleased with the look of box, but I'm holding back to see the defect rate on this thing. I still would have loved if it looked like the Tron Fake commercial a couple weeks back. That was the best design I've seen to date.