By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony can ban you from PSN for any reason they want!

Tagged games:

Mr Puggsly said:
McGran said:

Followed the link provided.

"Welcome to the PlayStation® family of web sites (“Sites” or “our Sites”). These Terms of Service apply to us.playstation.com, all official game sites for games published by Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC., naughtydog.com and any other sites operated by SCEA or its subsidiaries (“SCEA”) or that link to these Terms of Service."

"You do not need to create a PlayStation®Network ("PSN") account with us in order to view the Sites."

Look, the whole MS banning issue has been overblown as it is.  There's no need for additional mudslinging.  Or at least if you must do so make sure you hit the right target.  These are ToU for PS websites and have nothing to do with PSN.

http://legaldoc.dl.playstation.net/ps3-eula/psn/u/u_tosua_en.html

Upon termination of your account for any reason, you will not receive a refund for items (including subscriptions and pre-paid products or services), value accumulated on in-game items or any unused balance in your wallet except as required by law or as expressly provided in this Agreement.

I don't know what this MS talk is about... I just don't wanna lose access to my copy of Journey.

Not the same thing. The thing about websites says they can terminate access for any reason. The thing you've bolded about PSN access is saying that you won't get any refunds if PSN service is terminated and it doesn't matter the reason for termination. The PSN termination thing is poorly worded and it is open to exactly your misunderstanding. Better wording would be: You will not receive a refund for items.... if your account is terminated, regardless of the reason for the termination of your account.

But it doesn't matter much. Any games you have on your HDD that don't require you to sign in to your PSN account to play will still be playable. Same with any games you bought on disc.

You should also note that not getting refunds is also part of MS TOU for XBL: You should refer to the offer describing the Services as (i) you may not receive a refund at the time of cancelation; (ii) you may be obligated to pay cancelation charges; (iii) you may be obligated to pay all charges made to your billing account for the Services before the date of cancelation; or

So industry stadnard stuff for the most part.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

That means that people won't be able to play their games or watch movies or anything! Oh, wait...

Mr Puggsly said:

"Upon termination of your account for any reason, you will not receive a refund for items (including subscriptions and pre-paid products or services), value accumulated on in-game items or any unused balance in your wallet except as required by law or as expressly provided in this Agreement."

You see what I bolded! It confirms my thread title.

Are you serious? or is this a joke thread? I dont get what you are trying to accomplish here, anyways hmm yeah its bad if they ban you like that, i guess

I don't know whether this is funny or sad. Maybe a little bit of both.

That's not good! :/
So if I'm playing multiplayer and I kill my teammate then I will get banned and won't be able to play online multiplayer for the duration of my ban and won't be able to access my digital games. That sucks! :(
I would feel bad for people who get banned permanently since they would have paid $50 to get Playstation plus and more importantly, will lose all their digital games :0.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

You don't lose anything...

I never log in to play my PSN games.

I'm still going to be that douche who fires his RPG into the floor in hardcore game modes...

Sony is evil confirmed?

This is pathetic. Are you really trying this hard to take pressure off of M$? XBL has the same exact policies, only in the case of the XBone, you actually forfeit the licenses to all you digital games and thus completely lose the game. That also includes any DRM fees that you might have paid for a used title. Give it up already. M$'s new console is pretty much a consumer disaster at this point.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Lafiel said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Upon termination of your account for any reason, you will not receive a refund for items (including subscriptions and pre-paid products or services), value accumulated on in-game items or any unused balance in your wallet except as required by law or as expressly provided in this Agreement.

I don't know what this MS talk is about... I just don't wanna lose access to my copy of Journey.

you don't lose access to games you downloaded to your hdd, but as you can't log anymore you can't dl those items you don't have dld

But they're still there. You still have your download list, and you can go back to downloading them after your ban is up. The only thing that can break that is a perma ban, and the only perma ban I've ever even heard of from Sony was that GeoHotz dude, a long time ago, and that was for very good reason. Plus, in all the years I've been gaming on PS3 (since 2007), I've only seen 2 people get banned, because they both did something stupid. PSN ban is extremely if you demonstrate a little common sense when using the system.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon