By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony can ban you from PSN for any reason they want!

Tagged games:

They may ban for no reason but they probably wouldn't without a reason

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
Corey said:
At least I won't lose all of my games.

I think you lose access to your digital purchases.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1260/~/information-on-banned-accounts-and-consoles

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

sub-zero-TM said:
maximrace said:
O no playstation 4 is dooooooooomed :(

Yeah you wish.. ;)

It's called sarcasme... ;)

Mr Puggsly said:
Porcupine_I said:
you talking about a service they provide free of charge?

I've read if you get banned you can't log into your account. So you lose access to games you purchased.

Somebody confirm if that's true!

Yeah umm that's confirmed for Xbox One not ps4. -_-

BluGamer23 said:
wow for reals?... does this mean Xbone DRM is justified?..

oh and LOL!

Are you serious?! O.o

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Corey said:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1260/~/information-on-banned-accounts-and-consoles

You only lose access to PS+ games and mmos i guess, games you bought normally should be accesible

• Games

You can: play offline games that don't require any connection to the PlayStation Network.

You can't: play games that use the PlayStation Network, purchase new DLC, or sync trophies.

Mr Puggsly said:
Corey said:

You can play games you already donwloaded without problems. You can also log in with a banned account but since you can't access the Playstation Store, you will be having trouble to re-download your games. But to play games you have already downloaded, you don't ever need to connect to the internet.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

the2real4mafol said:
They may ban for no reason but they probably wouldn't without a reason

Here's a wacky reason you can get banned...

Team Killing
Offender killed his own team off in a multi-player network game.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Just because it says this in the term and conditions doesn't mean you cant argue it in a court of law...

Anyways that statement still sucks though. Offline play or not.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Luiskpx said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Luiskpx said:
Sony is God! They probably do it to protect us from evil MS! Please sony save the game industry!

::A whisper says:: $399.........with better graphics. :)

Im not really complaining about that :P

Actually this doesnt really mean a thing for gamers does it? 

SCEA has the right to terminate your access to use the Sites for any reason

It doenst mention that you will lose online gaming, store or anything like that

Just having some fun....watching while this thread...