By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eiji Aonuma: Looking to Capture the Feeling of Skyrim with New Zelda

Tagged games:

I hope they incorporate a big ass world to explore! Like the one they have in Skyrim... Or you know, the one in the ORIGINAL Zelda. Just do that. Let us explore as we want; let us get lost, let us KNOW that we're in over our heads, fearing every enemy we face there, almost forcing us to turn back and explore other parts of the land. Just do that Nintendo.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

A total victory for Elder Scrolls as the king of RPGs.

The Witcher goes open world
The Dragon Age guys praise Skyrim and go open world
The Dark Souls guys praise Elder Scrolls and take an open world approach
The Dragon's Dogma guys praising and making a Japanese Elder Scrolls

...and now even the Zelda guys realize they want to learn from the master!

He must've been talking about it with the guys at Monolith Soft while they were working together on Skyward Sword, because they've expressed similar ideas.

hype

Click HERE and be happy 

Add all the crap you can do in Skyrim. Dont add the shitty menus or bugs or performance.

Do better than skyrim dont do like skyrim.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

They only need to learn from Skyrim because they've lost touch with their roots. The original Zelda was the mother AND father of all open world games; Nintendo just needs to remember that. I'm glad they're looking at other games if that will enhance the Zelda experience.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

haven't played skyrim, hope this turns out to be completely different experience, but at the same time great for Zelda fans. That's why I loved TP, the worlds are wide open.

DanneSandin said:
Slimebeast said:

They only need to learn from Skyrim because they've lost touch with their roots. The original Zelda was the mother AND father of all open world games; Nintendo just needs to remember that. I'm glad they're looking at other games if that will enhance the Zelda experience.

Yeah I know.

Zelda should go back to true open worlds. Not become Elder Scrolls, because Elder Scrolls is not only an open world game, it's an RPG simulation.

Zelda doesn't need to become a simulation and lose it's identity by adding tons of character features, statistics, items and NPCs who are aware of your presence. They only need to do like CD Project does with The Witcher 3, get rid of the linearity in the over-world.

That's, like, half a thought Anouma. -_-'

Capture the feeling of Skyrim?

Huge hype, only to be followed by disappointment and a huge sack of bugs.