By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eiji Aonuma: Looking to Capture the Feeling of Skyrim with New Zelda

Tagged games:

After the 3D World thing, I wouldn't be surprised if they once again disappoint gamers with an unambitious toony Zelda.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

A total victory for Elder Scrolls as the king of RPGs.

The Witcher goes open world
The Dragon Age guys praise Skyrim and go open world
The Dark Souls guys praise Elder Scrolls and take an open world approach
The Dragon's Dogma guys praising and making a Japanese Elder Scrolls

...and now even the Zelda guys realize they want to learn from the master!

It's definitely a win-win, the Wii couldn't have handled it unless it looked like Xenoblade(I love that game but lets be honest, it was pretty fucking ugly even though it was really impressive at the same time.) Now that the Wii U is out, they can expand on the open world by a huge margin while maintaining graphical fieldility, which is pretty sweet.

then I would buy WiiU just for that.

BaldrSkies said:
Zelda as an Action RPG?

I would buy it. Give Link all sorts of sweet gear and skills. Huge sweeping fields and labyrinthine dungeons. Epic, fast paced, reaction based boss fights. A real story.

In other words I'd prefer they make it Skyrim with Ys influence.

Tread carefully friend..

Potentially exciting, depending on what lessons are being learned from Skyrim's success.

This isn't the only Nintendo game taking inspiration from Bethesda's hit, either. Monolith Soft pretty much said that they're trying to be more Bethesda, so I'm thinking Skyrim is also a major inspiration for "X".

Suddenly I wonder if this new Zelda game will be the first-person Zelda Miyamoto was trying to make for a very long time...

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

That's good to hear. A Zelda like story and dungeons with a Skyrim overworld and side quests would be almost untouchable.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I hope they don't feel the need to include the bugs though

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

As long as they don't make it an unforgivable glitchfest like Skyrim.

As long as he doesn't use the combat system of Skyrim I'll take this as good news.

Signature goes here!

He's not saying it's going to be open world, or an ARPG, or anything really; he's simply saying he wants the next Zelda to make players "feel" like he felt when playing Skyrim.

Which is all nice and dandy, but...WTF did he feel when playing Skyrim? He essentially used thirty seconds to tell us nothing at all!