By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Wii U have ANY system sellers this holiday?!

System sellers?

Heck yes! 176 37.37%

One or two is, yes 115 24.42%

Combined those games does look impressive... 62 13.16%

I'm not convinced... 51 10.83%

I doubt it... 28 5.94%

God no!! 32 6.79%

rezzzzz cuzz I'm boooring 6 1.27%

Total:470

Obviously Nintendo would rather have a better holiday lineup but THE GAMES JUST AREN'T READY. Nintendo have done well with less than this in the past. Sick of this moaning just cos each persons ideal preferential lineup isn't coming ASAP. I'm just happy to see some games release. I know for a fact ill enjoy 3d Mario world more than any of the ps4 launch titles even if it isn't my dream wii u game ( and this is coming from someone who plans to still get a ps4 day one!).

Around the Network
mii-gamer said:
DanneSandin said:
KHlover said:
Super Mario 3D World will sell systems, just like Super Mario 3D Land did.

Yeah, but that was a one-two-punch-combo together with Mario Kart 7. This one-two-punch is SM3DW (platformer) and DKC:TF (platformer)... Not a killer combo...

3D world could be a one hit KO :P

could be :P But I doubt it... It'll need a price drop as well then.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

UncleScrooge said:

I see three system sellers here:

- Super Mario 3D World
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
- Wii Fit U

Each of those games could easily sell 5m or more. I get why people are upset about 3D World (not a "real" 3D Mario game, lack of ambition) and Donkey Kong (it's no Metroid) but both games will sell really well and have a certain mass market appeal. 3D World is certainly not weaker as a system seller than any of the Galaxy games was.

What I'm worried about is another problem entirely: I see the Wii U gamepad as adding an actual barrier between the customer and the games. People want the games but they *do not* want to buy a Gamepad: It's too complex, awfully big, has a bad design and looks cheap. It also adds to the price of the system. Where the Wii remote attracted people and made them more likely to buy the games the Gamepad actually stops them from buying into the product. To this day Nintendo can't find a damn use for the gamepad. When they announced Art Academy I thought "for the first time you actually *need* the gamepad to play a game! Wow!" So the question is: How strong is that barrier? Will it stop people from buying Mario and Donkey Kong and Wii Fit? I'm afraid it actually will.

First paragraph: I'm sure Mario and Donkey Kong will both sell 5m - in the long run. Will they be able to push out 5m Wii U's all by themselves this holiday though?

Second paragraph: I think you nail it! They should make a gamepad-free bundle

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

No. I'm afraid that we're past the era in gaming when one game is enough to convince many people to buy a system.

But putting SM3DW and DKC together is very enticing. Platformer fans would be crazy not to buy a Wii U at that point. The rest of us probably should hold out for Mario Kart.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

If 3D Mario, Wii Fit/Party and DK aren't system sellers, then I don't know what are.

And Pikmin, Zelda, W101 and 3rd party titles can only help.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

If a Zelda remake, 3D Mario, and Mario Kart could sell the 3DS back in 2011, then a Zelda remake, 3D Mario, Wii Fit 2, and new Donkey Kong Country can sell the Wii U in 2013. Especially with the Wii U's surprisingly decent 3rd party support and if Nintendo creates new skus.

Love and tolerate.

Didn't the Wii U sell pretty well last holiday? ~80% of Wii sales (accumulative) or something?

If so, the Wii U will explode this time around.

Err... Mario + Sonic + Zelda?! Yes, i would say they do.

DKR. T.F Yeeeeeeees

i heave pray for a sequel