By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - People of the most popular urban website not happy with new Xbox. Link inside.

happydolphin said:
Euphoria14 said:

Well, that is obviously where we differ. I don't just look at someone's likes or dislikes and instantly assume them to be a fan of a specific company, especially when they aren't on a gaming site.

You can be a hater/fanboy without being an expert or a member of a gaming site. I was a huge Nintendo fanboy prior to being part of this online community, then posting on vgchartz has changed me radically for the better.

You can like/dislike something and offer reasons, but it is highly unlikely to like EVERYTHING on one console and hate EVERYTHING on any other console. That is fanboyish. Over the years I've found some content I like on all consoles, some I dislike, and I have legitimate reasons for it and they are consistent. If I say I don't like something on one platform, I would dislike something on another platform for the same reason, no double-standards. People saying "this sux" or "that sux" without giving a reason makes it much more likely that they are a fanboy. It's a question of probability, you can never be 100% certain.

Which is why I wanted Kowenicki to explain his baseless statement. A lot of the hate on the XBone is across all types of forums, including the official XBox forums.

Some people recently have been labelling anyone wishing to engage in XBone related discussions and not having a favorable view to be Sony fanboys spreading FUD. Just yesterday me and plenty others were have a nice healthy discussion trying to figure out exactly how the game sharing with the Family Group was going to work. We had many different options laid which would enable the feature while not allowing it to be totally abused and we were made out to be something we were not.

I understand though that something like that is tough to do on a gaming site, especially one with many sensitive members. Just the nature of the beast I guess.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

Which is why I wanted Kowenicki to explain his baseless statement. A lot of the hate on the XBone is across all types of forums, including the official XBox forums.

Some people recently have been labelling anyone wishing to engage in XBone related discussions and not having a favorable view to be Sony fanboys spreading FUD. Just yesterday me and plenty others were have a nice healthy discussion trying to figure out exactly how the game sharing with the Family Group was going to work. We had many different options laid which would enable the feature while not allowing it to be totally abused and we were made out to be something we were not.

I understand though that something like that is tough to do on a gaming site, especially one with many sensitive members. Just the nature of the beast I guess.

I didn't disagree with you but you chose the worst possible thread to advocate it. This is a thread linked to a place where people are shitting on the xbox with little insight provided, Kowen vents and you ask him to be reasonable. That is what I was talking about in terms of priorities. You didn't mean it but it made you come across as a fanboy, your priorities were out of place.

You first start by saying "Yeah Kowen, they are morons just ignore them" and then you _try_ to explain how people can be upset about the xbox without being hating on it, hoping that you might have a chance to convince an already upset person that there is some light among the darkness.

trollmaster85 said:
Jabbamk1 said:

Ok. The only thing i'd say on that point is that not all games require an internet connection and not everyone has a stable internet connection. I know there aren't many of those people say in the USA. But there is enough people who would fall under that category. I do agree that digital has it's benefits but in my opinion i prefer the way the Wii U or PS4 works in regards to digital. I can still download digitial copies and use them on other Wii U's/PS4's. But i still have the choice to go about and buy a disc or go offline if i need to. 

Well, you dont need stable connection to check-in console every 24 hours, even dial-up will be good.

Jabbamk1 said:

i prefer the way the Wii U

No, just no. Wii U locking content to your hardware. This is very bad at all aspects. No benefits at all, besides no online checking.

Jabbamk1 said:

or PS4 works in regards to digital. I can still download digitial copies and use them on other Wii U's/PS4's. But i still have the choice to go about and buy a disc or go offline if i need to. 

And here is the problem. With Sony policies we are never will go to the digital world. Consumers needs are push and MS doing it, and getting all the hate.

Sure, but i'm speaking about the people who say live in an area where internet goes down for days at a time. (and please don't say use a mobile hotspot because in some countries thats not an option and in other countries the option costs money). 

Ok, then the Xbox 360, PS3 and PS4 does it better than the Wii U and Xbox One. 

But haven't you seen the consumer backlash online. It's fairly clear that a significant number of people (not all) do not agree with the Xbox One's policies and being forced into a digital download age. Especially one which stips back the rights of the consumer and doesn't benefit many consumers at the moment. I think if the Xbox One was released say 10 years from now it'd be much better recieved. But at the moment i don't think Microsoft is doing what's right for consumers or listening to consumers and that is where all the hate is coming from. I think Sony are doing it slightly better where they are still giving the consumer a choice to purchase a digitial copy or a physical copy if need be. It's clear that digital download is the future no matter what. The way Microsoft has enabled it has a number of advantages. But at the moment, in my opinion at least, the disadvantages heavily outweigh the advantages. 

I may buy an Xbox One in the future for the games. But for now it's off my list. Thanks for your answers. It's given me some new views to look at. 

Apparently 90% of the internet are Sony fanboys. Good to know.

My friends that are 360 only owners are secretly PS fanboys. Since I heard them criticize something that MS did.

Talal said:

My friends that are 360 only owners are secretly PS fanboys. Since I heard them criticize something that MS did.

You think that makes you seem smart but it doesn't, at all.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
Talal said:

You think that makes you seem smart but it doesn't, at all.

I never claimed to be smart. You people need to relax.

PS: you're one of the guys that I like, but you get so emotional/angry very quickly. 

happydolphin said:
Euphoria14 said:

I didn't disagree with you but you chose the worst possible thread to advocate it. This is a thread linked to a place where people are shitting on the xbox with little insight provided, Kowen vents and you ask him to be reasonable. That is what I was talking about in terms of priorities. You didn't mean it but it made you come across as a fanboy, your priorities were out of place.

You first start by saying "Yeah Kowen, they are morons just ignore them" and then you _try_ to explain how people can be upset about the xbox without being hating on it, hoping that you might have a chance to convince an already upset person that there is some light among the darkness.

Sorry, but I still disagree. How could I have possibly come off as a fanboy for having my priorities out of place for the reasons you've described?

Why should I be expecting someone to actually be emotionally affected about negativity around a gaming console and be unable to respond? Even more with a person who likes to mock other users with the words "Dont Think". That wouldn't make my priorities out of place. Hell, of all people I should be able expect him to be able to think.

Either way, he was never my main issue.

My priority was to find out why people like myself have been getting labelled and questioned on why we have yet to be banned (for spreading FUD) when I have only been trying to engage in healthy discussion. Why people around the net who have anything negative to say are labelled as something as stupid as "fanboy".

It isn't my fault if people get touchy over electronic components surrounded with a plastic housing.

I also never told him to ignore them, nor did I call them morons.

This is what I said:

"So, are we just going to keep assuming that everyone who dislikes the XBone is a Sony fanboy running all around the internet spreading negativity?"

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

One day Vgchartz will have the same quality posts as that site! And i'll be the pimp of you all biatches!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
One day Vgchartz will have the same quality posts as that site! And i'll be the pimp of you all biatches!

You's be need work on ya gramma first son.

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
happydolphin said:

Sorry, but I still disagree. How could I have possibly come off as a fanboy for having my priorities out of place for the reasons you've described?

Why should I be expecting someone to actually be emotionally affected about negativity around a gaming console and be unable to respond? Even more with a person who likes to mock other users with the words "Dont Think". That wouldn't make my priorities out of place. Hell, of all people I should be able expect him to be able to think.

Either way, he was never my main issue.

My priority was to find out why people like myself have been getting labelled and questioned on why we have yet to be banned (for spreading FUD) when I have only been trying to engage in healthy discussion. Why people around the net who have anything negative to say are labelled as something as stupid as "fanboy".

It isn't my fault if people get touchy over electronic components surrounded with a plastic housing.

I also never told him to ignore them, nor did I call them morons.

This is what I said:

"So, are we just going to keep assuming that everyone who dislikes the XBone is a Sony fanboy running all around the internet spreading negativity?"

@bold. Train wreck... I never said you did, I was telling you a better approach, since you're all confused as to why he's not replying to you.

@underline. Like I said, this thread probably the worst place you could try to ask him to sympathise...

@you. Where were you questioned on why you have yet to be banned? I must have missed that post (honest question).

@people on the internet being called fanboys. This again is probably the worst thread to ask people to sympathize with that idea. People hating on the xbox are, MOST LIKELY, fanboys or haters (one's not better than the other). You can't expect anyone to give people the benefit of the doubt who drill "Xbox is shit".

@people being emotionally affected about negativity. This is just common sense. If you like something (no matter what it is) and all you hear is "this sucks", it will hurt you. It's just how it is, people get excited about the thing they like and it's generally offensive to just shit on what people like. If you can't understand that I don't know what to tell you, basic human emotion right there.