By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - People of the most popular urban website not happy with new Xbox. Link inside.

ListerOfSmeg said:
Kinda pathetic you had to pull that up like it mean anything.
Sorry but as someone already said, Sony fans are in a frenzy atm on many sites hating X1 and pretending to be fans just like many hated on Wii U and pretended to be fans. Its kinda obvious most of the time that they aren't really fans though.

Example..

I am a huge Sony fan, I just wish they would make a new IP and stop rehashing games. It saddens me that PS4 isn't a next gen console because it has 2 year old PC ports and now I have to pay for online. Guess its X1 for me.

Now do I really sound like a fan? Nope not at all. That attitude is very common.

My question is. If X1 is so hated, why are you guys still so worried about it? Who are you so desperate to convince? Us or yourself? Because its getting to the point where it is looking more and more like a really desperate attempt to reassure yourself rather than add anything relevant to the duscussion

Yeah, sure people can go out of the way to mimic MS fans that recently developed new hate towards the X1, but you have to ask yourself: Why is this new hate so 1-sided? Why don't this many people mimic and attack the Wii U or the PS4?

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire

Platinumed Destiny, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Catherine, and Metal Gear Rising. Get on my level!!

Get your Portable ID!                                                                                     

Around the Network
CityOfNoobs said:
kowenicki said:

a hell of a lot of the ones filling the forums out there right now are that is for sure.

And a large amount are people who used to be vocal Sony haters (Myself included).

And just because someone uses  lanaguage that is incorrect or offensive does not mean that their views can be discounted. Especailly not when they are potential customers to a bussiness. 

Exactly. The urban community can be vocal about their opinions regarding the new consoles as well. Meaning that public opinion will be further swayed against the X1, therefore hampering sales of the console. I don't know why people disregard the site due to how the people type... Not only is it one of the USA's most popular websites, it's also one of the World's most popular website. I'm sure the majority of the people who frequent the site aren't just urban youngsters, but people from all walks of life.

Platinumed Destiny, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Catherine, and Metal Gear Rising. Get on my level!!

Get your Portable ID!                                                                                     

Jabbamk1 said:

But haven't you seen the consumer backlash online. It's fairly clear that a significant number of people (not all) do not agree with the Xbox One's policies and being forced into a digital download age.

Peoples need are villain and they make one (EA worst company of USA, you they insane?!).

Take Steam for example, does it have offline mode, well sorta. To use it, you need connection to the internet first, so when you internet surprisingly goes down, you can't use it at all. Do you heard any negatives comments about that? I doubt it.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3160-agcb-2555

And you can't play on multiple PC from one account on Steam, unlike Xbox One.

One more thing, all strict regional locks also for user benefit. With such thing you can sell games in eastern europe and russia, for example, for smaller prices (just like steam). Xbox One surely will catch the wind, when gamers understand, it is cheaper to buy games on it (thanks to discounts and other stuff).

Icy-Zone said:

Looks like the urban community is not liking the new Xbox either. Scroll down for the comments.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhQXatPuvyUOdlA9qY

Makes you wonder what demographic MS was targetting this Gen.

facepalm.

Is this the first time you been on a hiphop site? Hiphop fans play video games both xbox and playstation and they can be fanboys.

You sound like the reporters from FOX when Jay Z and Young Jeezy released My president is Black and were shocked that rappers say the N word.

JusSayian said:
Icy-Zone said:

Looks like the urban community is not liking the new Xbox either. Scroll down for the comments.

facepalm.

Is this the first time you been on a hiphop site? Hiphop fans play video games both xbox and playstation and they can be fanboys.

You sound like the reporters from FOX when Jay Z and Young Jeezy released My president is Black and were shocked that rappers say the N word.

I'm an African-Canadian that mainly listens to hip hop music. I also grew up in an urban community until about high school.

You also completely missed the point of this thread. The comments on the site completely obliterated the X1. Comments not only made by Sony fanboys, but comments coming from those who mained Xbox consoles.

I was simply amazed by the fact that MS aren't really cornering a specific target market to build successes upon. Unless you consider Doritos eating dudebros a viable demographic.

Get your Portable ID!                                                                                     

Around the Network
Icy-Zone said:
JusSayian said:
Icy-Zone said:

facepalm.

I'm an African-Canadian that mainly listens to hip hop music. I also grew up in an urban community until about high school.

You also completely missed the point of this thread. The comments on the site completely obliterated the X1. Comments not only made by Sony fanboys, but comments coming from those who mained Xbox consoles.

I was simply amazed by the fact that MS aren't really cornering a specific target market to build successes upon. Unless you consider Doritos eating dudebros a viable demographic.

Sorry for making the assumption but i still fail to see what your point is. Its the web and people are like parrots repeating everything mindlessly without giving it a second thought. The fanboys went crazy when the X1 was announced and it spread like wild fire. Also i never said sony fanboys.  This one site means nothing you can be a hip hop fan and a console fanboy.

@FoodFather: "Yes, there is a lot of xbox negativity, there always has been because playstation fanboys are very rabid, but xbox has done perfectly fine. Same will happen next gen. A lot of gamers will eventually look past these initial drm and used games hurdles and enjoy Xbox One for what it is. "

As a long time lurker of many different forums, and news posting comments I'd have to say I've seen more pro-MS bs than pro-sony bs in the past.

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Icy-Zone said:
I was just outlining how far this bad news has reached. It's interesting to see the views of a demographic that buys a lot of videogames but are poorly represented in gaming news.

Something I have learned is that SONY fans are extremely vocal n visit many sites as where MS fans are not. Some of us are but most of my friends don't give a junk about gamer websites. I asked many people if the rules affected them. They all agreed it was actually better.

All of us have jobs and money though. So we don't see our internet going down or if it does we all have smart phones.

DJEVOLVE said:
Icy-Zone said:
I was just outlining how far this bad news has reached. It's interesting to see the views of a demographic that buys a lot of videogames but are poorly represented in gaming news.

Something I have learned is that SONY fans are extremely vocal n visit many sites as where MS fans are not. Some of us are but most of my friends don't give a junk about gamer websites. I asked many people if the rules affected them. They all agreed it was actually better.

All of us have jobs and money though. So we don't see our internet going down or if it does we all have smart phones.

Yeah, I guess Xbox gamers are only rich people in the age of 30+ with an IQ of at least 360. Hence the name of the last console. :P

Seriously though, Microsoft is fighting their own customers and that can only end bad for them. It's a basic rule of business that you have to please the customer. You give your customers what they want, not what you want. The customer is always right. You have to make sure that your product pleases them. If not, they will simply not buy it. And the word will spread. In germany, it was in every major news site, even on FAZ, a newspaper that doesn't normally care for gaming at all. I also saw something about the Xbox One policies on TV and they were pointing out that the PS4 doesn't require all that DRM-stuff. Sure, germany is Sony-Land anyway, but this can't be good for Microsoft. 

Microsoft tried to fight the customers with Windows 8 and failed. They're even trying harder with XBox One and I predict they will also fail even harder. I think they're just trying to be llike apple. They desperatley want something new, the next big thing. But they just can't think of something. So they're just throwing out anything, hoping that somethihng might be good. 

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:

Yeah, I guess Xbox gamers are only rich people in the age of 30+ with an IQ of at least 360. Hence the name of the last console. :P

Seriously though, Microsoft is fighting their own customers and that can only end bad for them. It's a basic rule of business that you have to please the customer. You give your customers what they want, not what you want. The customer is always right. You have to make sure that your product pleases them. If not, they will simply not buy it. And the word will spread. In germany, it was in every major news site, even on FAZ, a newspaper that doesn't normally care for gaming at all. I also saw something about the Xbox One policies on TV and they were pointing out that the PS4 doesn't require all that DRM-stuff. Sure, germany is Sony-Land anyway, but this can't be good for Microsoft. 

Microsoft tried to fight the customers with Windows 8 and failed. They're even trying harder with XBox One and I predict they will also fail even harder. I think they're just trying to be llike apple. They desperatley want something new, the next big thing. But they just can't think of something. So they're just throwing out anything, hoping that somethihng might be good. 

Nope I think you are completely wrong. Gamer websites are maybe at most %5 of the market. All this mess is only Sony fans having a go at it every chance they get.

Who do you think pushed for these policies. EA, Activisions and all the big names. You don't think they are not going to  play favorites and load xbox with exclusives. Sony decided to wait tell last minute to change rules. Meaning they where going to do it too.

EA could push games on X1 first. Even a month for all EA games would devistate Sony. Don't think they will do it? They are the ones who pushed fot it. Even if they are back pettling now. If MS takes all the heat for them. They will get rewarded Heavily. Oh and their endless pockets that everyone is always worried about. Watch the magic happen.