By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - People of the most popular urban website not happy with new Xbox. Link inside.

oniyide said:

like Angry Joe saying it sucks. 

He is absolutly not average gamer. He is working for views and not saying honest opinions at all. Same as Francis and etc.

Around the Network
trollmaster85 said:
Jabbamk1 said:

You don't need itunes to activate it but i see what you mean about people should know or can return if they need to. 

Nope, 100% you need it to use vanilla ipad just from the box. Well, you can activate it in the store, but still.

Jabbamk1 said:

DO you feel that the world is ready for a digital only world. Because at the moment i can still buy CD's and DVD's and i don't need lose the right to sell them on privately or require an internet connection to listen and watch them. Do you think MS has jumped to far ahead and that could alienate some of their userbase on the 360. 

Yep, ready. And you can play games without internet connection, just 24 hours, but you can do it. This is price for digital benefits (use disc only once, play your games library at friends house, share games through family). Buy once, use anywhere (with internet connection).

And games now, different media from music and videos, many games require internet connection to fully expirience it. See examples above.

Ok. The only thing i'd say on that point is that not all games require an internet connection and not everyone has a stable internet connection. I know there aren't many of those people say in the USA. But there is enough people who would fall under that category. I do agree that digital has it's benefits but in my opinion i prefer the way the Wii U or PS4 works in regards to digital. I can still download digitial copies and use them on other Wii U's/PS4's. But i still have the choice to go about and buy a disc or go offline if i need to. 

Thanks for answering my questions and not accusing me of being a fanboy like the other guy. I'm just looking at different opinions. 

happydolphin said:

If someone says "Mario sucks" and "Halo is shit" at the same time, but say only good things about Sony, you can be pretty confident they are a Sony fanboy. The reason is that they as an Apple fan they would have absolutely no motivation to do so. That's what I mean by priorities.

The use of retarded is a constatation of a lack of intelligence on the part of the posters therein, given their grammar and lack of ability to describe their opinions intelligently offering rationale. It doesn't take a rocket science degree to observe that. Of course it's an exaggeration, which you should know.

Here is an example of something I would consider Sony fanboy-like:

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/24/1371163520-console-wars.gif

It's not funny, and only serves to put down anything non-Sony. People then wonder why Nintendo and Xbox fans have trouble liking Sony fans in general, and well it's because of stuff like this. If legitimate Sony fans cared, they wouldn't be onto us about it, they would be telling their same-alligeance goons to get smart.

Well, that is obviously where we differ. I don't just look at someone's likes or dislikes and instantly assume them to be a fan of a specific company, especially when they aren't on a gaming site.

I would have preferred Kowenicki to respond though instead of you though. 

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

trollmaster85 said:

oniyide said:

He is absolutly not average gamer. He is working for views and not saying honest opinions at all. Same as Francis and etc.

Francis, while trying to come off jokingly is portraying his actual opinion. Just check his actual videos and not his alter egos.

Not sure on Angry Joe, but I know he has been well known to be a 360 fan.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:

Well, that is obviously where we differ. I don't just look at someone's likes or dislikes and instantly assume them to be a fan of a specific company, especially when they aren't on a gaming site.

You can be a hater/fanboy without being an expert or a member of a gaming site. I was a huge Nintendo fanboy prior to being part of this online community, then posting on vgchartz has changed me radically for the better.

You can like/dislike something and offer reasons, but it is highly unlikely to like EVERYTHING on one console and hate EVERYTHING on any other console. That is fanboyish. Over the years I've found some content I like on all consoles, some I dislike, and I have legitimate reasons for it and they are consistent. If I say I don't like something on one platform, I would dislike something on another platform for the same reason, no double-standards. People saying "this sux" or "that sux" without giving a reason makes it much more likely that they are a fanboy. It's a question of probability, you can never be 100% certain.

Around the Network
trollmaster85 said:

oniyide said:

proof? Cause as far as I know he's ONLY gamed MS and PC

I'm sure the internet aren't the only people having an uproar over the XBO.

happydolphin said:
Euphoria14 said:

You can be a hater/fanboy without being an expert or a member of a gaming site. I was a huge Nintendo fanboy prior to being part of this online community, then posting on vgchartz has changed me radically for the better.

You can like/dislike something and offer reasons, but it is highly unlikely to like EVERYTHING on one console and hate EVERYTHING on any other console. That is fanboyish. Over the years I've found some content I like on all consoles, some I dislike, and I have legitimate reasons for it and they are consistent. If I say I don't like something on one platform, I would dislike something on another platform for the same reason, no double-standards. People saying "this sux" or "that sux" without giving a reason makes it much more likely that they are a fanboy. It's a question of probability, you can never be 100% certain.

This is fair, but what does it have to do with XBone, most people complaning do have legit reasons to do so. And they have been expressed over and over, not talking about the Halo sux crowd

oniyide said:

This is fair, but what does it have to do with XBone, most people complaning do have legit reasons to do so. And they have been expressed over and over, not talking about the Halo sux crowd

Well, the OP is linking to a Halo sux crowd, and well Euph was asking a general question (in general, how do you recognize a fanboy). I bit.

Jabbamk1 said:

Ok. The only thing i'd say on that point is that not all games require an internet connection and not everyone has a stable internet connection. I know there aren't many of those people say in the USA. But there is enough people who would fall under that category. I do agree that digital has it's benefits but in my opinion i prefer the way the Wii U or PS4 works in regards to digital. I can still download digitial copies and use them on other Wii U's/PS4's. But i still have the choice to go about and buy a disc or go offline if i need to. 

Well, you dont need stable connection to check-in console every 24 hours, even dial-up will be good.

Jabbamk1 said:

i prefer the way the Wii U

No, just no. Wii U locking content to your hardware. This is very bad at all aspects. No benefits at all, besides no online checking.

Jabbamk1 said:

or PS4 works in regards to digital. I can still download digitial copies and use them on other Wii U's/PS4's. But i still have the choice to go about and buy a disc or go offline if i need to. 

And here is the problem. With Sony policies we are never will go to the digital world. Consumers needs are push and MS doing it, and getting all the hate.