By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U is the console with more exclusives (13) at E3 but no one cares.

It's all about expectations i guess, a new mario kart or a new party game isn't really going to suprise anyone. They made a good showing with X and Wonderfull 101 but dissapointed with Super Mario 3D World and a project that just turned out to be Donkey Kong Country. Also people expected to see more of the next Zelda game, witch ended up a no show. That kind of gives you a draw.

And like has also been stated before, exclusives can give you an edge but not if you miss out on twice as many big multi-platform titles.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
And this is one of the reasons Nintendo decided to go with a Nintendo Direct. Direct information of their games to the consumers and fans, no journalism anymore.

Nintendo knows this and that's why they are happy with the response. I don't need to go to any game site anymore to get information on games. Nintendo delivers directly to me.

The fact more people aren't realizing the bolded is sad. 

Nintendo is catering to their fans. They don't care about everyone else anymore hence, this is the response that they wanted. Taking themselves out of all the drama that Sony and Microsoft are going through is pretty good. It keeps their reputation positive and clean of all the specs and software drama/comparisons. I think Nintendo fans are a lot more happy/reassured now than before E3 and are just enjoying the games once again.

It might be that those were expected already. Maybe it no metroid, ok maybe thats just me xD They aslo prob got a bit overshadowed by the next gen battle raging between sony and microsoft.

superchunk said:
Boutros said:
Because this:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=162208&page=1

That list sucks in comparison.

BF4, KH3, Madden and possibly FIFA are the only games on that list that will sell as well on all combined platforms as many of those Nintendo games will sell on just one.

For me only BF4/KH3 are anything I'd even consider buying even if it were on Wii U and BF4 would be on PC as my experience with BF3 on PS3 sucked. ms/kb >>>> dual analog for FPS. I'll have to build a new PC for Battlefront in 2015 or so.

Then you can list the 3rd party games Wii U is getting...

• Watch_Dogs
  • AC4
  • Batman AO
  • Rayman Legends
  • COD Ghosts
  • .. and so on

All better or at least equal games to those its missing by a long shot.

I simply don't understand the flak WiiU is getting on games. It clearly has a better line-up that most are saying.

Here are my top 5 most anticipated next-gen games:

1. Final Fantasy XV

2. Kingdom Hearts 3

3. Mirror's Edge 2

4. Metal Gear Solid V

5. The Witcher 3

As you can see none of them are exclusives. But none of them are on the Wii U either.

It's undeniable that the Wii U currently has the best first-party lineup but the fact is it's not all about first-party games.

Because 3rd parties don't release on Nintendo. So Nintendo has to work twice as hard to get praised. Sad, but true.

Around the Network

i care since i saw bayonetta 2 and mario kart. mario kart looks so great!

Busted said:

Original:

A chart posted by Reddit user Whitexar shows that it is Nintendo with the most exclusives at this year’s E3 event (booth) on their latest home console, Wii U. The console has a total of thirteen exclusive titles that won’t be seen on any other platform. Interestingly, it’s the PlayStation Vita and the PC with the least exclusive content. You can see the full chart here.

• Bayonetta 2
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • Game & Wario
  • The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
  • Mario Kart 8
  • New Super Luigi U
  • Pikmin 3
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Wii Fit U
  • Wii Party U
  • The Wonderful 101
  • X
  • Yarn Yoshi

Ok this is NOT a 'nintendo defense' article in any form, I just find it funny we haven't heard of this (when 15 EXCLUSIVES IN A YEAR is huge for some -not all- VG media AND gamers alike) is the media really that biased? or is nintendo really that irrelevant for this to be news?

I don't think many of these games excite people, so no one really care about the number. Even if the games turn out to be great they don't really impress on visuals alone, they have to be played (as reggie put it). Beyonetta, X, 101 and  Mario Kart 8 are exceptions. Also Nintendo has to work extra hard, its not just about exclusives its about games. Ninetndo exclusives have to make up for the titles they won't be getting (ffXV, MSGV, Witcher 3, Destiny, Mirrors edge 2, division, Kingdom Hearts 3, Battlefield etc), and even when there is 3rd party support it is presumed inferior or too similar to versions on consoles we already own.

Games like Yoshi's Yarn, wii Fit and Wii Party U haven't even been shown at e3 from what I can gather. Super Luigi U is DLC. Wind Waker is a HD remake and what is Game and Wario? 

Talal said:
Because 3rd parties don't release on Nintendo. So Nintendo has to work twice as hard to get praised. Sad, but true.

Those mean 3rd parties!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Talal said:

Those mean 3rd parties!

Very mean!

Actually, if we count only home console games, then we should include those that will be also on the 3DS :

Sonic Lost World
Scribblenauts
Mari & Sonic at Sochi 2014
Super Smash Bros

Then the number of WiiU exclusive games is 17, actually. Follow the chart:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06/12/e3-2013-wii-u-exclusives-most/

Taking a look of the past sales of those franchises, even without big surprises we can say that the WiiU lineup ir pretty solid, at least until early 2014.