By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U is the console with more exclusives (13) at E3 but no one cares.

NintendoPie said:
-Newcloud- said:
Everything there just looks like more of the same from Nintendo super Mario 3D world looks to me like a bigger super Mario 3D land that was on 3DS as with some of there other games. They need some new stuff not more of the same.

The only thing that seems to even come close to "more of the same" (which, by the way, EA, Ubisoft, Sony, MS, and many others were full of) would be Wii Fit U and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD. One being a fitness game; how much more could they possibly add to that? (Unless they did add something and I just don't know about it, nor do they feel like telling us about it.) And the other being a remake.

Each and every one of those games twists the gameplay in a certain way. Maybe you don't see it, but many others do. So there obviously is something there that is different.

I was speaking more of ip and using Mario as an example of being very samey, looking at SMWorld it looks the same as SMLand with the exception of SMWorld looking better, I'm sure SMWorld will play better and have lots new stuff but customers won't care about this until the game releases because it looks similar and isn't "new" same goes for donkey kong, Mario kart, zelda, super smash bros.

I'm am of course just givin my guess as to way on one cares 

Around the Network

I don't think many people in the west care about Nintendo in the 1st place.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Exclusives are only important when they are games the individual in question wants to play. If Sony all of a sudden made 15 exclusive barbie games, no one would care either because they don't want to play them. T

The only games I care about on that list are bayo 2 and X so IMO, it's like the Wii U has 2 exclusives not 15.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

There are a few factors here that are worth pointing out. Like how spread out all those releases are since the November 2012 launch and the lack of multiplat support necessitating for an abundance of first party support to keep the system desirable. All this shows me is that Nintendo doesn't want the system to just die off, and that's a good thing. It hardly calls for any praise.

Your last sentence is more accurate.
When you mention Nintendo to most people, the automatic reply is who cares?
Nintendo need some new games.

People wouldn't mind playing them games if they owned a Nintendo console. The problem is it isnt worth giving up all the 3rd party releases to do so. Those games are not system sellers for me. Unless something major happens, i am sure alot of people are thinking like me and are just going to get one at the end of the gen for dead cheap (get the few mario games and be done with it.)

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

Who cares about exclusives, or games in general. Gimme me thread #584 about DRM instead!

No, the impressive part about Wii U is the general lack of hidden cost compared to other consoles. Free online service, no DRM, ect.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

More of the same old really. It's hard for anyone who's not a die-hard Nintendo fan to be excited for Mario, Zelda or other stuff for the umpteenth time. Other franchises like DKC, I've played almost 20 years ago and have no interest in returning to. In fact, hardly anything shown was new, or fresh. X being the only exception as it's probably the only game that interests me out of the whole lineup.

And this is one of the reasons Nintendo decided to go with a Nintendo Direct. Direct information of their games to the consumers and fans, no journalism anymore.

Nintendo knows this and that's why they are happy with the response. I don't need to go to any game site anymore to get information on games. Nintendo delivers directly to me.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Boutros said:
Because this:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=162208&page=1

That list sucks in comparison.

BF4, KH3, Madden and possibly FIFA are the only games on that list that will sell as well on all combined platforms as many of those Nintendo games will sell on just one.

For me only BF4/KH3 are anything I'd even consider buying even if it were on Wii U and BF4 would be on PC as my experience with BF3 on PS3 sucked. ms/kb >>>> dual analog for FPS. I'll have to build a new PC for Battlefront in 2015 or so.

Then you can list the 3rd party games Wii U is getting...

• Watch_Dogs
  • AC4
  • Batman AO
  • Rayman Legends
  • COD Ghosts
  • .. and so on

All better or at least equal games to those its missing by a long shot.

I simply don't understand the flak WiiU is getting on games. It clearly has a better line-up that most are saying.