By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy has lost its way

Tagged games:

I hear ya

I have no idea what I was watching 90 48.13%

It's exactly like a fina... 94 50.27%

Total:184

I thought it looked great. Either way, each iteration of Final Fantasy plays differently than the previous and this has become more and more apparent as the tech supports the developer's visions.

For me the association between the sequels ends at Cid, Chocobo, Firaga and the other spells, Bahamut and the other summons, Phoenix Down and the other items.

Around the Network
KhinRunite said:
I thought it looked great. Either way, each iteration of Final Fantasy plays differently than the previous and this has become more and more apparent as the tech supports the developer's visions.

For me the association between the sequels ends at Cid, Chocobo, Firaga and the other spells, Bahamut and the other summons, Phoenix Down and the other items.

It's funny how almost everything you meantion there (exept firaga) is not in every final fantasy.

Cid was introduced in FFIV, as were summons, Chocobos with ff3j, Phoenix downs I don't remember there being a life potion in FF1 haha.

The only thing that has truly been in every single final fantasy is turn-based (even with the MMOs with cooldown), RPG elements (experience), a party,  swords, magic, potions, antidotes and the ability to fight, run and defend, and the wonderful final fantasy art and lore (magical world). More than one of these is severely violated here.

@Outlawauron. It's not about what you or I identify with Final Fantasy, it's what final fantasy objectively has in common accross all its games so far, until FFXV that is.

outlawauron said:

I doubt it'll take that long. All of the characters and story work has likely be done for a while now. We know the game is voice acted as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see it Mid-2014 in Japan.

Your forgetting that FF13-3 is released around that time, I very much doubt Square Enix will release FF13-3 then release FF15 3 months later. I think FF15 will be released in 2015 to coninside with the 2015 year.

A203D said:
outlawauron said:

I doubt it'll take that long. All of the characters and story work has likely be done for a while now. We know the game is voice acted as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see it Mid-2014 in Japan.

Your forgetting that FF13-3 is released around that time, I very much doubt Square Enix will release FF13-3 then release FF15 3 months later. I think FF15 will be released in 2015 to coninside with the 2015 year.

They won't be competing because they'll be on separate consoles.

And Lightning Returns is releasing in November in Japan. So, there'll be a 7-9 month gap with my scenario. They've released them closer with IX and X.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

AshKetchum1992 said:
Jumpin said:
Final Fantasy is dead. What we get now no longer resembles what Final Fantasy.

It is not progressive, or becoming more "modern." It is becoming different just for the sake of being different. The games are getting simpler, they're becoming clunkier, they're becoming more poorly desgined, they're becoming filled with more and more fluff.

If the Square of the PSX era released a game that played like FF13 Versus on the PSX, they wouldn't have branded it as a main series Final Fantasy title, they wouldn't have even branded it as a spinoff Final Fantasy. Nowadays, their standards are much lower.

How do you know this game is "clunky" and "poorly designed" if it has not been released??

Actually, Final Fantasy 13 was released years ago.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy Lost it's way at part 7... and never bothered to return..

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)