By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy has lost its way

Tagged games:

I hear ya

I have no idea what I was watching 90 48.13%

It's exactly like a fina... 94 50.27%

Total:184
outlawauron said:
Final Fantasy Fans truly are impossible to please. Try to innovate, FF has lost its way! Don't innovate, Square and Japanese developers are stale!

You're right.  I'am one of the fews that are open to change.  A lot of ff fans won't stop complaining  and will criticize everything until SE gives them the damn FF 7 remake.

Around the Network
finalrpgfantasy said:
outlawauron said:
Final Fantasy Fans truly are impossible to please. Try to innovate, FF has lost its way! Don't innovate, Square and Japanese developers are stale!

You're right.  I'am one of the fews that are open to change.  A lot of ff fans won't stop complaining  and will criticize everything until SE gives them the damn FF 7 remake.

I hope you realize this has nothing to do with criticizing or complaining, but to call a spade a spade. It's not you being more open or anything like that, it's about calling the game something it isn't, or dealing with the fact that the game as you knew it is gone, and to make peace with it.

I don't get it, Only the battle system is different. How can the game be gone. Every other element is still in the game.
Even more so than X-2 and beyond.

happydolphin said:

Am I the only one who was horribly lost when watching the FFXV gameplay demo? I can barely recognize Final Fantasy anymore. I only played a portion of FFXII and the last FF I played significantly was X (which I'm still playing). I have no idea what FFXV was and what I was watching.....

Anyone else in the same boat?

It's called getting with the times/modernising. No one wants to play FF Excel anymore, so they have changed the gameplay....which is a good thing.

Final Fantasy is done, put a freakin' fork in it.

Around the Network
SlayerOfPrey said:
I don't get it, Only the battle system is different. How can the game be gone. Every other element is still in the game.
Even more so than X-2 and beyond.

Just curious, but which "every other element" exactly? Summons? I mean, it's not like the Final Fantasy series has a connected storyline or anything. The only elements I can think which are(were, maybe) in every game from the main series are the turn based combat(FF XII still has turn based combat in the end) and Chocobos/Cid.

happydolphin said:
finalrpgfantasy said:
outlawauron said:

I hope you realize this has nothing to do with criticizing or complaining, but to call a spade a spade. It's not you being more open or anything like that, it's about calling the game something it isn't, or dealing with the fact that the game as you knew it is gone, and to make peace with it.

As many have already said, not everyone identifies the FF name with a turn based battle system as you do, but with common spells, bosses, summons, enemies, etc.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I see what you mean, I wish 15 was a spin off and they made more of a traditional final fantasy.

outlawauron said:
happydolphin said:
finalrpgfantasy said:
outlawauron said:

As many have already said, not everyone identifies the FF name with a turn based battle system as you do, but with common spells, bosses, summons, enemies, etc.

Yeah exactly. 

I would definitely agree if I wasn't already aware that FFXV used to be the spinoff vXIII. I don't think they'll really make Final Fantasy an action game series from now on.

Otherwise, you're right; I had no idea what I was watching.