By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy has lost its way

Tagged games:

I hear ya

I have no idea what I was watching 90 48.13%

It's exactly like a fina... 94 50.27%

Total:184

All of us overlooked one important thing , there actually is a commands list on the down left corner , Warp, Attack , Link form, also summon in another footage . Interesting

Who could have seen that with the Leviathan in front of him xD

Around the Network

Well, SE is probably realizing their dream with FF XV, which is making FF an action movie. Sales will speak by themselves when this game releases.

VXIII said:

All of us overlooked one important thing , there actually is a commands list on the down left corner , Warp, Attack , Link form, also summon in another footage . Interesting

This image is awesome

Look at the scale man, I'm so hyped for this game. After 7 years finally. I cant wait to see the other summons or how the summon system will work in this game. I hope that after summoning you get direct control of your summon.

Glorious HD :D

http://www.ff-xiii.net/images/media/xv_e3_2013-403.jpg

Around the Network

I hope it has Ifrit and Shiva, they looked really awesome in FFX

SlayerOfPrey said:
Maybe it was intended as a spin off, but after evaluating the scale of it and the things you can do within the game changed it rom a spin off into a main series. I mean nomura talked in the past about a world map and airships. This game is obviously a very ambitious project in terms of scale and freedom. This is why I think they shifted away from a spin off. I rather have a open world FF with action combat than a linear game like X, X-2 and XIII series. FF is not about the combat, its about leveling up and seeing connections with things like summons etc. Things that share a connection with every FF game that has been released.

I accept your points, but you insist to not appreciate mine. Like I've described, for every single FF game so far there have been turns, whether queued or asynchronous, whether big or small. Here it's an action game. It doesn't follow the tradition. It would be like a final fantasy game without summons....

@VXIII That is an interesting pic.

RazorDragon said:

Well, SE is probably realizing their dream with FF XV, which is making FF an action movie. Sales will speak by themselves when this game releases.

I agree with you when you say sales. My view is the only reason this game has FF15 on the box is because the sales of a PS3 game called FF13 Versus would be too low to warrant the 7 year life cycle spent developing said game.

As for release, I think the key is in the name, FF15 will be released in 2015, probably on the 15th day worldwide, I would guess around March. Square Enix seem to care more about sales than quality these days.

I don't really have faith in this series at the moment. I very much doubt Hinorobu Sakaguchi would have taken the series this way, and I would like to hear what he has to say on the matter.

A203D said:
RazorDragon said:

I agree with you when you say sales. My view is the only reason this game has FF15 on the box is because the sales of a PS3 game called FF13 Versus would be too low to warrant the 7 year life cycle spent developing said game.

As for release, I think the key is in the name, FF15 will be released in 2015, probably on the 15th day worldwide, I would guess around March. Square Enix seem to care more about sales than quality these days.

I don't really have faith in this series at the moment. I very much doubt Hinorobu Sakaguchi would have taken the series this way, and I would like to hear what he has to say on the matter.

I doubt it'll take that long. All of the characters and story work has likely be done for a while now. We know the game is voice acted as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see it Mid-2014 in Japan.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

A203D said:
RazorDragon said:

Versus actual development has only started as late as Sep 2011, stoped again after that due to XIV, the project is no where near as costly as you suggest.

http://gematsu.com/2011/09/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-in-full-production

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/11/final-fantasy-xivs-rebirth-delayed-development-of-other-square-enix-games/