By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Could be fake, but.... (XB1 engineer talks)

wick said:
scat398 said:
wick said:
I'm glad he's so in love with the ideas.

90% of consumers aren't though so what he says doesn't really matter.

Sorry but there is whole market of digital distribution that is thriving.  You do realize that over 50% of pc software game sales is now digital.  I hate to break it to the collectors but you are the minority and your numbers are getting smaller by the day.

Well here's the thing. CONSOLES AND PC GAMING ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS.

Get it?

The reason consoles became popular even though they were less powerful was simplicity and convenience. Take those away and you might as well be a PC gamer, which is fine if that's what you want.

We'll see who the minority is after the first year of sales numbers come in.

I'm not denying they are different, I'm just pointing out the reason why ms isn't really that concerned with the backlash they are receiving (which they deserve).  They know the data and they know that whether you like it or not you are a vocal minority and a silent majority is what they are after. 

I'm sure the ps4 is going to sell better than the xb1, they got some good pr and the right price point, but don't kid yourself about where both companies are eventually headed.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
starcraft said:
theprof00 said:
starcraft said:

This is an argument neither of us can prove...but here goes...

Most of those auctions are listed for weeks, if not more.  And by how many accounts?  Far fewer.  And compared to how many consoles? 250 million sold last generation so far and growth projected?  As I said, a tiny minority, and overwhelmingly conducted through Gamestop.

Irrespective, though more restrictive, the Xbox ONE DOES make provisions for selling games.

sigh, we'll just wait and see.

Yes, I think that would be the most apt course of action.

just know that when I'm right I will point out your obfuscation for entertainment purposes.

Whereas by the time I can demonstrate I am right, I will likely have forgotten this conversation

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:

Whereas by the time I can demonstrate I am right, I will likely have forgotten this conversation

Yes, it is very likely the same happens for me. I havea  short term memory....I do however, remember you from my early 2008 days. :/

theprof00 said:
starcraft said:

Lol mate the power capabilities of the two 'cars' we're discussing are far from confirmed.

Neither have been independently tested, and one is allegedly capable of calling in an Antonov to help it fly ahead of it's competitor.

You mean gaikai? Which Sony said they're going to use to deliver 4k and cloud computing?

http://www.policymic.com/articles/27077/ps4-gaikai-playstation-uses-cloud-gaming-technology

http://www.stuff.tv/news/computers-and-consoles/news-nugget/4k-gaming-is-coming-to-ps4-at-some-stage

It's funny that a lot of xbox guys here have no idea that Sony actually announced this first, yet "ooh ahh, the cloud will deliver the coup de gras to PS4".

Don't be like that mate, it's a good thread! MS are in a different league then most when it comes to cloud computing but that is for another thread at another time.

Neither have been independently tested, and one is allegedly capable of calling in an Antonov to help it fly ahead of it's competitor.

LOL!! I would have thought more like this guy...

ironmanDX said:
theprof00 said:
starcraft said:

Lol mate the power capabilities of the two 'cars' we're discussing are far from confirmed.

You mean gaikai? Which Sony said they're going to use to deliver 4k and cloud computing?

http://www.policymic.com/articles/27077/ps4-gaikai-playstation-uses-cloud-gaming-technology

http://www.stuff.tv/news/computers-and-consoles/news-nugget/4k-gaming-is-coming-to-ps4-at-some-stage

It's funny that a lot of xbox guys here have no idea that Sony actually announced this first, yet "ooh ahh, the cloud will deliver the coup de gras to PS4".

Don't be like that mate, it's a good thread! MS are in a different league then most when it comes to cloud computing but that is for another thread at another time.

I apologize

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
starcraft said:

Yes, it is very likely the same happens for me. I havea  short term memory....I do however, remember you from my early 2008 days. :/

Yeah.  I just about clocked off for a couple of years there.

Fell out of gaming in a big way as I transitioned out of uni and into full time work/becoming a real grown up.

Now that I have that balance back (to an extent) I am trying to get back into gaming properly.

The old imposition on gaming used to be money.  Now I can afford all the consoles but lack the time to play them all

Honestly, if you care about anything other then pure games AT ALL. Xbox 1 > PS4. If all you do is play games, and nothing else, PS4.

That just sold me a PS4 :D

ironmanDX said:
theprof00 said:
starcraft said:

I greatly enjoyed this!

Anybody can have the Steammodel on the PS4 aswell. You can just buy the digital copy if you want the advantages of digital. And since all games come digital aswell. You can choose between traditional disc based games or go the XBox1/Steam way and just download your copy without having the need for a disc and with the ability to download it to any PS4 since the copy is tied to the account. Also you can give away 2 copies with PSN afair.

MS has no excuse NOT to offer choice. Its bullshit that this system has advantages that cant be realised without forcing the customer too. Instead of offering options rather force everything down the customers throat. Thats the problem with MS.

he says its like steam, but with steam once i choose offline play its pretty much indefinite if i want it to be, i was offline with steam on a laptop for 4 months at one point. all the time enjoying empire total war. with the XB1 thats not the case, but my bigger worry is long term. MS killed live for the original XB what happens when live is killed for the XB1? you have have a brick. i can still play original XB games as they require no network connection. and as for steam i can always find hacks/mods.

I would have less of an issue if they had just gone all digital and lowered the cost, but with a disc i expect to be able to play it without internet even if it costs more

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog