By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Next gen offers not much except for graphics

RolStoppable said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
artur-fernand said:
You came to the conclusion through the videos alone? Man, have we not learned already that games should be played, not watched, in order to build a respectable opinion?

Either that, or it's that mentality of "the game looks pretty damn beautiful. Therefore, it only has graphics, and no gameplay".

I wish everyone would take this advice with Super Mario 3D World.

Most people have already played it on the 3DS.

And they profess to love it.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
artur-fernand said:
You came to the conclusion through the videos alone? Man, have we not learned already that games should be played, not watched, in order to build a respectable opinion?

Either that, or it's that mentality of "the game looks pretty damn beautiful. Therefore, it only has graphics, and no gameplay".

Ooooh, I see what you did there. Snap.

RolStoppable said:
Next gen offers a lot of non-gaming. On the X1 and PS4 deliberately, on the Wii U by accident.

lol

and indeed, more qte! awesome because the power of next gen will be used so much for better non-existant a.i.

i hope you meant that...

Look back to the launch games of 360/PS3. Most looked like HD PS2/XB1 games, but with time and optimisation games of today look a gen ahead almost. Expect the same.

Jazz2K said:
artur-fernand said:

What will be so different? The controllers are the same, 12 buttons, two triggers and that's it... PSOne (MS copied Sony again :P ) had those. PS4 has a track pad on their controller... cool... but how do they use it? Nothing is showed, the games seem to play exactly how they would play on PS3 or PS2... 

They are right there with their cameras but people are so whining about these technologies that sometimes I wonder if devs are not shy of using them properly. Cameras, motion, mics, the clouds... they have so many inputs... use them!!!

I know they are first gen titles but I need to feel the next gen not only on pretty graphics... 

By using that logic, there is nothing different about games ever since the PSOne. You hold the controllers, you press buttons, the games are 3D. By stretching it a little bit, I could say it's the same thing since the NES. I'm not sure how that's a flaw, it's been working pretty damn well so far.

And motion controls don't really work with the vast majority of genres. There are other uses for the camera, but I can't think of anything that would industry-defining.

Around the Network
Jazz2K said:
artur-fernand said:

What will be so different? The controllers are the same, 12 buttons, two triggers and that's it... PSOne (MS copied Sony again :P ) had those. PS4 has a track pad on their controller... cool... but how do they use it? Nothing is showed, the games seem to play exactly how they would play on PS3 or PS2... 

They are right there with their cameras but people are so whining about these technologies that sometimes I wonder if devs are not shy of using them properly. Cameras, motion, mics, the clouds... they have so many inputs... use them!!!

I know they are first gen titles but I need to feel the next gen not only on pretty graphics... 

I really don't like the controls argument. Pads are evolving but basically stay the same, because noone had come with a better idea how to control a wide variety of games in a comfortable way. Pads are the best solution, why change that only for the sake of innovation. 

Nintendo "innovated" with controls this gen, and that's only a turn off for me, if they would be so convinced that the gamepad is better in every way, they wouldn't come up with the Pro Controller. The not so very overwhelming demand for the Wii U shows, that changing for the sake of changing may not be the way to go. I'm not saying controlls are the only reason for Wii U's lackluster sales, but Wii is where it is sales-wise in a big part thanks to the groundbreaking controll scheme. Motion controlls did not appear to be better in the long run, but what has been sold, is sold.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

RolStoppable said:
NightDragon83 said:
RolStoppable said:
Next gen offers a lot of non-gaming. On the X1 and PS4 deliberately, on the Wii U by accident.

You mean it's an accident that Nintendo has released zero Wii U games for the past 6 months?

Yes, that wasn't planned.

On the other hand, Microsoft and Sony encourage you to not play their systems once you've bought one.

Well they may encourage you not to play games that frequently on their systems with all the extra features and doodads that they come with, but with the Wii / Wii U you don't really have much of a choice in the software department.

Hope you really enjoy Miiverse and old NES / SNES / GB games!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Well supposedly, the next gen is social play hint the many many tablets and smart phones in these conferences.
Not much gamers were impress by that. Plus more focus on realistic shooters and .....yeah ...looks cool but meh :/

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

wii U at least try to offer a new experience of game in table consoles apart of graphics with his gamepad.
(but it is still ignored.)
in local multiplayer, assimetric gameplay could be a pattern too, wii U with gamepad, x1 with smart glasses, and ps4 with vita. but few people are excited about it.

and i would include also project spark
i think we couldnt change dinamicly change the scenarios that way, and do all the thinks thats are possible in 7th generation.

RolStoppable said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
artur-fernand said:

Then most people have already played the entire lifetime lineup of Ps4/ Xfailone on the ps360.