By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 has the least amount of exclusives? What happened?

Munkeh111 said:
starcraft said:
Munkeh111 said:
Sony said 20 exclusive games released in the first year, Microsoft said 15. Let's believe them!

Sony definitely have a ND game quite a long way away, MM game, the Guerilla new IP and something from Santa Monica, there are plenty of games coming

I feel like these numbers have been confused the the 'Sony has 40 exclusives' numbers.

Turns out they meant 40 exclusive experiences (mostly extra DLC and crap like that).

Yeah, they said 40 games which have exclusive things on PS4 OR are actually exclusive. They said 20 exclusive games (from first party?) with 12 new IPs.

By my count they have 4 announced games from 1st parties and the Order which is 1/2 first party. I guess there will be a few mini-games type titles and some PS Camera stuff and some downloadable games. Maybe that number is mostly those indie games Sony showed?

It's not clear what these numbers actually mean. What is clear is that even with M$'s "5 new studios" (hasn't 343i been around for 3-4 years now?), Sony has more studios (they said 14 right?) and there are definitely a number of games from those studios which have had 1-2 years development time already.

I wont argue with your numbers because as you pointed out, we're not sure of them at the moment.

But the thing to remember is those studios are actively supporting three platforms.  Microsoft is actively supporting one, and offering middling first party support for a second.  Their track record for funding third party games is also far stronger.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Sony's not generally into announcing tons of first party games at E3; they prefer to showcase existing stuff.

But even taking that into account... yes, the exclusive lineup looks weak. That's probably why they showed so many multiplats at the conference.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

stategy.

MS announced a ton of games and still got killed at E3 by sony on price and drm.

so while a lot of MS's exclusives are known a vast majority of sony's studios remain unspoken for. which basically means sony has the upper hand going into games con as they have far more games to announce. let's make this list again in november and i think you'll find them quite even.

Ah. You know the next generation has started when people start bitching about exclusives lol.

I'm wondering though.. just how far along are those exclusives for the XB1. Because it seems like a lot of them are a long way, away from release. I mean the guy working at Insomniac Games dodged the question on what kind of genre Sunset Overdrive is going to be (interviewer asked if it was an FPS or TPS). Black Tusk's game was just an in-engine trailer, and Halo 5 CG.

At the end of the day, MS was under pressure after all the backlash they received so they needed to deliver at E3. Sony, however could just announce a few things and ride the wave, with the elephant in the room - price, used games and no drm.

maximrace said:
You know what's pathetic? When msft at the reveal said we have 15 exclusives all sony fans went: oh this isn't true, kinect bullshit, all arcadegames etc. Now Sony does the same and the same people say: hey don't forget they announced they have 20 titles coming. Speak about double standards

don't do this... nobody said MS was lying when they announce 15 exclusives, and if one sony fan did say that, don't come out now saying "sony fans" ... one its not all, don't put words on people mouths... and if people said, kinect and live arcade, they were talking about game size (download games are smaller by nature than retail) and quality (kinect are not AAA like move only games are not AAA by nature) and NOW we are only discussing the quantity of exclusives games, 15 vs 20 "announced"... so don't mix apples and oranges...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network

Chandler can you update that list after gamescom? i think there might be announcements until then, and i believe sony will announce ps4 launch date at gamescom too so it might be interesting to see the lists before and after gamescom. Its at the end of August i think.

Just a reference point for the possible 'big exclusives' Sony can be currently working on internally versus smaller production.

Worldwide Studios has 3-4 big title to reveal before Q4 2014 in the form of Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, Media Molecule and Guerrilla Games. Teams like Sony Bend and Project Siren tradtionally make smaller scale games and are not consider the 'big gun'.

I don't have the same studio details for MS so I'll leave that for someone with more knowledge.

Sony Worldwide Studios
PLAYSTATION 4
Evolution Studios  DriveClub
Foster City Studio Support Studio: no games
Guerrilla Games (team 1) Killzone: Shadow Fall
Guerrilla Games (team 2) ???
Japan Studio Knack
London Studio ???
Project Siren ???
Naughty Dog (Team 1) ???
San Diego Studio MLB 14: The Show
Santa Monica Studio (Team 1) ???
Sony Bend Studio ???
Sucker Punch Productions Infamous: Second Son
Team Ico The Last Guaridan (They fucken better be!)
Media Molecule ???
PLAYSTATION 3
Naughty Dog (Team 2) The Last of US
Polyphony Digital Gran Tourismo 5
Santa Monica Studio (Team 2) God of War Ascension
PLAYSTATION VITA
Guerrilla Cambridge Killzone: Mercenary

wait till GDC AND TGS 2013 to see more PS4 exclusives.

It's unconfirmed really, but you can add Deep Down for ps4.

Evidence seems to point that it's ps4 exlusive though.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/01/deep-down-ono-explains-why-capcom-is-making-a-new-ip-for-ps4/

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

If you believe the numbers they gave us about first party games, Microsoft showed pretty much their whole hand and Sony is holding back a lot. So I guess that's what happened.