By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 has the least amount of exclusives? What happened?

Look at that! Wii U aint so bad on that picture.

Anyways, it was clear sony held back because Microsoft gave them such strong card to play. They have more titles, but they chose to save those guns for later because they didnt need them here.

Around the Network
BOLLOCKS said:

Dat money hat.

True enough. Also, there are a few developers who still haven't made any announcements about possible exclusives.

But there's no doubt that MS have dug deep into their pockets to try to give the One a flying start. It's going to work, in North America at least. Project Spark and Sunset Overdrive seem like cool concepts, the rest are not very intersting to me. Knack on PS4 seems kinda cool as well.

Well, I see you include PC games (Project Spark), not yet announced games (Halo and Black Tusk Studio’s game) and indies (Below).

In that case, PS4 has more exclusives. Somebody should make a new thread.

The Dark Sorcerer

Daylight

DC Universe Online

Deep Down

DriveClub

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Infamous: Second Son

Killzone: Shadow Fall

Knack

The Order 1866

PlanetSide 2

Primal Carnage: Genesis

Transistor

Warframe

War Thunder

+

Guerrilla Games’s new game

Media Molecule’s new game

Nayghty Dog’s new game

Quantic Dream’s new game

Santa Monica’s new game

+

the exclusive indies

Mummelmann said:
BOLLOCKS said:

Dat money hat.

True enough. Also, there are a few developers who still haven't made any announcements about possible exclusives.

But there's no doubt that MS have dug deep into their pockets to try to give the One a flying start. It's going to work, in North America at least. Project Spark and Sunset Overdrive seem like cool concepts, the rest are not very intersting to me. Knack on PS4 seems kinda cool as well.

Knack's teh new Crash.

I knew they would do this smoke and mirrors scheme early, once they reel you in, they'll ride teh third party halo gravy train.

A list of announced games? Okay, that's fair. However, it's also pretty much meaningless.

We know that Sony did not reveal every PS4 game. We know from past comments that people from World Wide Studios believe that some games have previously been announced too early. We know from past comments by Yoshida that all first-party studios are working on PS4 games.

What does that mean, exactly? Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Sony owns a LOT of studios and some may only be assisting other studios. Bend might not have its own PS4 project, for example, and London might be working on another Wonderbook for PS3 & PS4. Who knows?

What I think we can say with confidence is that Sony's major, top-shelf studios are probably all developing PS4 projects. That means an unannounced PS4 game from Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, Guerrilla, and Media Molecule, at the very least. San Diego as well, most likely, though I think it's possible their next The Show might be for both PS3 & PS4. That's just a guess, though.

Either way, that is definitely nothing to sneeze at. I can assure you, with that mind, there is no Playstation fan who feels the slightest bit of worry over exclusive content for the PS4. Rather, honestly, I feel pretty excited, given the track record of those studios. I would put them up against what Microsoft has any day of the week.

Hope this helps.

Around the Network
Chandler said:

Not my list and I don't know if accurate but I wouldve never expected Microsoft trumping Sony in terms of exclusive gaming content.

Sony just announced 5 of the 20 games they have planned for the 1st year.  They will continue to show as the year goes. We still have Gamescon, TGS, VGAs.    M$ just went all out in order to "kill Sony"; they wont have much to show now; they have used most of their assets.  And the WiiU list is nice but not all are releasing this year.  If you just take into consideration the number of exclusives the PS4 will have till nov 2014; PS4 list is bigger; but yeah it is always nice to know and see the actual games.

I think the important thing is that we (PS4 gamers) are getting 4 great 1st party games on launch window (3 of those at launch); that is really cool; and after that we will still get an steady ammount of games throughout the year.  Sony has yet to show its bigger guns.  Sony WW studios have proven they are top quality; just knowing they are making games for the PS4 (of which 8 are new Ips) makes me happy :)

pokoko said:
A list of announced games? Okay, that's fair. However, it's also pretty much meaningless.

We know that Sony did not reveal every PS4 game. We know from past comments that people from World Wide Studios believe that some games have previously been announced too early. We know from past comments by Yoshida that all first-party studios are working on PS4 games.

What does that mean, exactly? Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Sony owns a LOT of studios and some may only be assisting other studios. Bend might not have its own PS4 project, for example, and London might be working on another Wonderbook for PS3 & PS4. Who knows?

What I think we can say with confidence is that Sony's major, top-shelf studios are probably all developing PS4 projects. That means an unannounced PS4 game from Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, Guerrilla, and Media Molecule, at the very least. San Diego as well, most likely, though I think it's possible their next The Show might be for both PS3 & PS4. That's just a guess, though.

Either way, that is definitely nothing to sneeze at. I can assure you, with that mind, there is no Playstation fan who feels the slightest bit of worry over exclusive content for the PS4. Rather, honestly, I feel pretty excited, given the track record of those studios. I would put them up against what Microsoft has any day of the week.

Hope this helps.

How is this meaningless? People buy consoles for games, announced games, not for hopes and wishes.

And for the people derailing the thread, this is about exclusive games, not multiplats. If you want to discuss that topic then create your own thread.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Nem said:
Look at that! Wii U aint so bad on that picture.

Anyways, it was clear sony held back because Microsoft gave them such strong card to play. They have more titles, but they chose to save those guns for later because they didnt need them here.

Exactly this.  Sony did not need to go all out; but M$ really needed to in order to make people digest the B$.

Pavolink said:
pokoko said:

Hope this helps.

How is this meaningless? People buy consoles for games, announced games, not for hopes and wishes.

And for the people derailing the thread, this is about exclusive games, not multiplats. If you want to discuss that topic then create your own thread.

Are you going to go out and buy a PS4 or XO right now?  If not, then a list several months before release is meaningless.

MS brought their heavy guns this time around. I am still surprised with how much they showed during their conference. On the Sony side, I think during the conference, that one asian guy mentioned that they had 20 something more games in development or something along those lines. I can only assume some of those were exclusives, but overall Sony did fell short in the exclusives, especially with the Vita which they kind of ignored.

On the flip side, the PS3 still has some heavy hitters coming before november. TLoU, Beyond, GT6 and another game I can't quite remember but it was also a pretty big game. I'm still worried about the DRM claims that are coming from different sources. I can wait for games to come but I need a straight answer about this now.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian