By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Mindblowing FF XV gameplay trailer

DMC+Uncharted+FF

Around the Network

My first impression of this game was that it looked hugely disappointing.

But wow this gameplay trailer was epic. Color me excited

RenCutypoison said:
walsufnir said:

Well, I believe there are a lot of jrpg-fans that like this type of chara-design (and I believe there is a certain name for it) but it is not for me. I liked the old FFs until 7, 8 started this crappy design and from then I knew i would never ever get lovely graphics again but some western-influenced gay-looking (no offense, my opinion) protagonists. 9 was just an exception to the rule. I had to stop the FF7-movie after 10 minutes, I coudln't stand it.

No offense confirmed. I like it, it looks gay IRL, in our culture. If I dressed like this it would be like social suicide, and I seriously would not like to (no offense here, just exageration). But in Otaku culture its normal to me, and there is a good chara design to me.

It's exagerrated because it was traditionnaly necessary to make characters easily recognizable; in games cause of bad resolution, and in manga so it's easier to draw.

It's not that I don't like japanese chara-design in general - back when I was young I watched a lot of japanese stuff (Gundam, Tenchi Muyo, EVA a thousand times, GITS and all that stuff) but nowadays it's not my taste anymore. When I look back and remember how much fun I had with classical rpgs... Breath of Fire, early FFs, Lufia, Grandia, Lunar, Suikoden (for those who are wondering: I started using emus very early :)) and then take a look at the "new" Final Fantasy games I feel sad for Squenix...

walsufnir said:
RenCutypoison said:
walsufnir said:

Well, I believe there are a lot of jrpg-fans that like this type of chara-design (and I believe there is a certain name for it) but it is not for me. I liked the old FFs until 7, 8 started this crappy design and from then I knew i would never ever get lovely graphics again but some western-influenced gay-looking (no offense, my opinion) protagonists. 9 was just an exception to the rule. I had to stop the FF7-movie after 10 minutes, I coudln't stand it.

No offense confirmed. I like it, it looks gay IRL, in our culture. If I dressed like this it would be like social suicide, and I seriously would not like to (no offense here, just exageration). But in Otaku culture its normal to me, and there is a good chara design to me.

It's exagerrated because it was traditionnaly necessary to make characters easily recognizable; in games cause of bad resolution, and in manga so it's easier to draw.

It's not that I don't like japanese chara-design in general - back when I was young I watched a lot of japanese stuff (Gundam, Tenchi Muyo, EVA a thousand times, GITS and all that stuff) but nowadays it's not my taste anymore. When I look back and remember how much fun I had with classical rpgs... Breath of Fire, early FFs, Lufia, Grandia, Lunar, Suikoden (for those who are wondering: I started using emus very early :)) and then take a look at the "new" Final Fantasy games I feel sad for Squenix...

Well, Final Fatasy X and XII might not be on the same level than VI, but there are still great JRPGS, Disgaea, SMT and Persona first

X and XII are amazing BTW

Ok wow I really hate hate hate this blond dude. And that one guy holding the gun in the trailer.

Noctis looks dece, though I'm digging the princely tude. Seems too much Bishounen. Strangely optimistic about the gameplay, it looks really nice.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

Damn, it looks like i am gonna have to get a PS4.

I had hoped to be sustained by just the Wii U this gen but since this is not coming for the U, i'm gonna have to cave and buy a PS4.

Is the music in this game by the same composers that did Kingdom Hearts? It sounds really similar (in a good way). In general this game seems like a mix of Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, which means I'm going to play the shit out of it^^

KHlover said:
Is the music in this game by the same composers that did Kingdom Hearts? It sounds really similar (in a good way). In general this game seems like a mix of Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, which means I'm going to play the shit out of it^^

Yoko Shimomura, the ONE (in the good sense) </joke>

RenCutypoison said:
KHlover said:

Yoko Shimomura, the ONE (in the good sense)

EDIT: Thank you, now I'll be listening to some OST's the rest of the day

I didn't really see any gameplay. Just animated gameplay sequences.