By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Disgusted At The Fact That "Industry Professionals" Can't Wait To See Nintendo's "Demise"

Bong Lover said:
DietSoap said:
Bong Lover said:
DietSoap said:
Bong Lover said:
DietSoap said:
If Nintendo doesn't take their home console seriously, why should anyone else?

I hope you are aware of the delightful irony of your post, but I am not holding my breath.

There is no irony, sadly. They're historically a big player with strong IPs, the same can't be said for the Wii U itself.

As I expected. Oh well, I laughed anyway, perhaps there are others out there who find it amusing as well.

Any irony here is now on you, though I can understand your confusion or denial.

NintendoPie@ It proved to me just the opposite. I recognize I might have had my expectations a little too high, but I'm still feeling a little rejected here.

What am I confused about, or in denial over? I suspect that you have no idea what I was talking about.

And I suspect the same to you. Confused.

Around the Network
DietSoap said:

Underwhelming, I'm sorry.

Nop, your expectations are fucked up that's all.

happydolphin said:
DietSoap said:

Underwhelming, I'm sorry.

Nop, your expectations are fucked up that's all.

Well, glad they did it for you at least.

pokoko said:
I don't see the problem, to be honest. People want things that make life easier for them. They might not really want to buy a Wii U but they'd probably like to play some of those Nintendo games. It seems somewhat superfluous, I guess, to buy a weaker console (spec-wise) when you already have a more powerful one. Why is that necessarily a bad thing to want? Did they really say, "I want Nintendo to die," or anything? Did they really say they want Nintendo to fail? Or just that they'd like Nintendo games without the hassle of buying a second console? I'd love to play Zelda, for example, but I can't easily justify buying another console when I don't really care for many of Nintendo's franchises.

I think getting upset about this might be an over-reaction.

Just think for a moment that if, maybe, Sony was in this situation. They were talking about their Conference and how it was "Meh..." but then they go on this totally off-topic discussion about how they want Sony to become a Third Party Dev. Then they start acting like it would and should be a great reality and how it would be awesome if Kaz showed up on stage at Nintendo's E3. Wouldn't you, a person who enjoys Sony's offerings and their consoles, be in the least bit annoyed?

DietSoap said:

Now I am confused, did we just agree that your first post was cleverly ironic, or are we still stuck on you claiming you made perfect sense and me having a good snicker on your behalf?

Anyways, doesn't matter. Why should I, or anyone else, take you seriously anyway?

Around the Network

I may be only speaking for myself but if Nintendo went third party, I feel many Nintendo fans would not buy the xbox or playstation to play the latest Nintendo games until the systems are priced 300$ or lower because Nintendo fans have come to expect affordable consoles. I think this may because Nintendo gamers only really care about one thing a gaming console does, which is playing games and maybe free online gaming.

Bong Lover said:
DietSoap said:

Now I am confused, did we just agree that your first post was cleverly ironic, or are we still stuck on you claiming you made perfect sense and me having a good snicker on your behalf?

Anyways, doesn't matter. Why should I, or anyone else, take you seriously anyway?

Wasn't trying to offend you bud.

Nobody wants Nintendo to die, we just want the old Nintendo back. We want the evil franchise milking, casual focused part of Nintendo to go away, and let them be bold once again and focused once again.

menx64 said:
NintendoPie said:

I was watching it as well... Nothing new to be honest. Nintendo is a videogame company, they make great games and great consoles, that's their business. The had some valid points, probably Nintendo could make money selling some old games on mobile devices... But the thing with Nintendo, is that third parties want a single console, or three identical consoles so they can reach more gamers (which is fine, thier business is to sell games, as many as possible) but Nintendo has always have thier own philosophy, they create consoles with their games in mind and thats fine, thats their ecosystem. 3rd parties can be successful on nintendo consoles, all they have to do is to create good and appealing games for Nintendo fans, yet they only send barebone/late versions of the games and they expect good sales...

@Bold. I hear it not the first time and I seriously don't know what does that mean. Can you explain that to me? I'm genuinely asking. How does that show in the consoles of theirs?

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:

@Bold. I hear it not the first time and I seriously don't know what does that mean. Can you explain that to me? I'm genuinely asking. How does that show in the consoles of theirs?

MiiVerse incorporates very well into recent Wii U games. WiiMote was the soul of many Nintendo games. DS Dual Screen was involved in the planning and making of games even before the DS was released.

Do you get it now?