By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Disgusted At The Fact That "Industry Professionals" Can't Wait To See Nintendo's "Demise"

This is what you get for watching Spike TV

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
DietSoap said:
Bong Lover said:
DietSoap said:
If Nintendo doesn't take their home console seriously, why should anyone else?

I hope you are aware of the delightful irony of your post, but I am not holding my breath.

There is no irony, sadly. They're historically a big player with strong IPs, the same can't be said for the Wii U itself.

As I expected. Oh well, I laughed anyway, perhaps there are others out there who find it amusing as well.

DietSoap said:

There is no irony, sadly. They're historically a big player with strong IPs, the same can't be said for the Wii U itself. People are understandably frustrated with Nintendo.

Nintendo are obviously taking the Wii U seriously. E3 should have proven that today.

Bong Lover said:
DietSoap said:
Bong Lover said:
DietSoap said:

I hope you are aware of the delightful irony of your post, but I am not holding my breath.

There is no irony, sadly. They're historically a big player with strong IPs, the same can't be said for the Wii U itself.

As I expected. Oh well, I laughed anyway, perhaps there are others out there who find it amusing as well.

Any irony here is now on you, though I can understand your confusion or denial.

NintendoPie@ It proved to me just the opposite. I recognize I might have had my expectations a little too high, but I'm still feeling a little rejected here.

^Nop, it's on you.

Bong Lover said:

Yup, I sure do. People who expected more than what Nintendo showed have little clue of Nintendo's pedigree. It was all as expected, nothing more, nothing less.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:

^Nop, it's on you.

Bong Lover said:

Yup, I sure do. People who expected more than what Nintendo showed have little clue of Nintendo's pedigree. It was all as expected, nothing more, nothing less.

It's not.

DietSoap said:
happydolphin said:

^Nop, it's on you.

Bong Lover said:

It's not.

Yup, the joke is on you. Smash U was just announced, and pikmin 3 is playable, it's enough to say Nintendo is on track to continue to deliver per its usual output of core titles.

DietSoap said:
Bong Lover said:
DietSoap said:
Bong Lover said:
DietSoap said:

Any irony here is now on you, though I can understand your confusion or denial.

NintendoPie@ It proved to me just the opposite. I recognize I might have had my expectations a little too high, but I'm still feeling a little rejected here.

What am I confused about, or in denial over? I suspect that you have no idea what I was talking about.

happydolphin said:
DietSoap said:
happydolphin said:

^Nop, it's on you.

Bong Lover said:

It's not.

Yup, the joke is on you. Smash U was just announced, and pikmin 3 is playable, it's enough to say Nintendo is on track to continue to deliver per its usual output of core titles.

Underwhelming, I'm sorry.

I don't see the problem, to be honest. People want things that make life easier for them. They might not really want to buy a Wii U but they'd probably like to play some of those Nintendo games. It seems somewhat superfluous, I guess, to buy a weaker console (spec-wise) when you already have a more powerful one. Why is that necessarily a bad thing to want? Did they really say, "I want Nintendo to die," or anything? Did they really say they want Nintendo to fail? Or just that they'd like Nintendo games without the hassle of buying a second console? I'd love to play Zelda, for example, but I can't easily justify buying another console when I don't really care for many of Nintendo's franchises.

I think getting upset about this might be an over-reaction.