By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Disgusted At The Fact That "Industry Professionals" Can't Wait To See Nintendo's "Demise"

I'm more annoyed at Nintendo seemingly trying so hard to make this a reality.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network

This is where I would like a gif of all these guys getting battered by Iwata's bombs. People will never learn that though Nintendo is making the most money in the industry the haters are constantly calling their doom.

I wish the world were more intelligent.

Otakumegane said:

I don't see how this is new.

People have wanted Nintendo games since 1983.

People haven't wanted Nintendo consoles since 1995.

They want the games but not the consoles. Nothing new.

That's actually a pretty good point. To me personally anyway. I would love to play A Link to the Past 2 and the new Super Smash Brothers. But I don't feel the need to buy eighth gen Nintendo consoles at all.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

NintendoPie said:
J_Allard said:

What could Sony or MS offer on a Nintendo console if they went 3rd party? Nothing, because 3rd party companies don't bother with Nintendo consoles.

Sony and MS would offer up a larger selection of games to Nintendo platforms if they went Third Party. This is just exactly what Nintendo would do if they went Third Party.

But the reward for a company going 3rd party would still be way higher for Nintendo than either of the other two. Sony or MS go 3rd party and even if they support a Nintendo console... cool. You now get Nintendo games and maybe some MS/Sony games. Meanwhile if Nintendo went 3rd party you'd get MS or Sony games, all the AAA 3rd party games, all the best indie games, and Nintendo games.

I am just saying, it's not hard to see why some would want them to go 3rd party. It makes sense.

Nintendo would probably make so much more money as just a third party publisher at least in the home console front who honestly wouldn't buy a zelda or mario game at that point

Around the Network

I think it would be the right decision for them to go 3rd party (to an extent), but carry on making handheld consoles.

NintendoPie said:

Edit: Sorry for the title edit. I was trying to find something that would fit, my original title was way too long!

I just got done watching Spike's Live Stream show; they were talking about Nintendo's E3 Direct Press Conference. It was going well, understandbly these guys weren't all surprised at what Nintendo showed. But then Geoff (or whatever) brought up a point that struck a long conversation with their guests.

It was now no longer a discussion about Nintendo's Conference, it was a discussion about "I can't wait for Nintendo to go onto mobile!!!1!!" or, "Won't it be awesome when Iwata walks onto Sony's stage and says "Here is the next Zelda!", that'll trend on Twitter!" And they were salivating at these thoughts, pretty much. How in the world could these "Industry Pros" get so worked up for this? They want a company (a big company) to fail and go Third Party. Seriously, it's disgusting to see that.

Did anyone else see this Stream? Or does anyone else differ/share my opinions? I'm interested.

I was watching it as well... Nothing new to be honest. Nintendo is a videogame company, they make great games and great consoles, that's their business. The had some valid points, probably Nintendo could make money selling some old games on mobile devices... But the thing with Nintendo, is that third parties want a single console, or three identical consoles so they can reach more gamers (which is fine, thier business is to sell games, as many as possible) but Nintendo has always have thier own philosophy, they create consoles with their games in mind and thats fine, thats their ecosystem. 3rd parties can be successful on nintendo consoles, all they have to do is to create good and appealing games for Nintendo fans, yet they only send barebone/late versions of the games and they expect good sales...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Miguel_Zorro said:

I didn't watch the conference,  but based on your description, this doesn't sound like "wanting the demise of Nintendo".  It sounds like they want to see Nintendo IP on other platforms.

I'd love to see Nintendo become a third party publisher.  They've always had great titles.  On the other hand, they haven't produced a console that I really wanted to have since the N64 (I bought and own a Wii, but that's a story for another day..)

Of the big three console manufacturers, it makes the most sense for Nintendo to go third party.  They have the most famous names in gaming.  Names that will sell on any platform. 

Nintendo would make far more money selling their titles on all other platforms - Playstations, XBox's, iPads, and so on.  This was their plan once upon a time with Sony, but things broke down when squabbles over revenue sharing and executive egos on both sides got in the way.  It's now 20 years later than they planned to do it, but I still think it's the right business move for them.

If Nintendo is the best of the 3 at making money in the gaming business, why in hell should they be the ones out of the 3 to exit the race?

I'm sorry if your post makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever.

Miguel_Zorro said:

I didn't watch the conference,  but based on your description, this doesn't sound like "wanting the demise of Nintendo".  It sounds like they want to see Nintendo IP on other platforms.

I'd love to see Nintendo become a third party publisher.  They've always had great titles.  On the other hand, they haven't produced a console that I really wanted to have since the N64 (I bought and own a Wii, but that's a story for another day..)

Of the big three console manufacturers, it makes the most sense for Nintendo to go third party.  They have the most famous names in gaming.  Names that will sell on any platform. 

Nintendo would make far more money selling their titles on all other platforms - Playstations, XBox's, iPads, and so on.  This was their plan once upon a time with Sony, but things broke down when squabbles over revenue sharing and executive egos on both sides got in the way.  It's now 20 years later than they planned to do it, but I still think it's the right business move for them.

Are you sure that, when Nintendo actually does it right (like with Wii, DS, and 3DS), they don't make tons of money off of their Consoles? They make these consoles, then make the games for them, then make profit because all of it their's.

Wouldn't you think it would be a good idea for it to stay that way? (For Nintendo's sake, anyway. I'm sure many people on these forums would like to see them fall and turn into a Third Party developer.)

Well it is frustrating.. especially since most people like to compare Nintendo and Sega.. (Who was once a first party company) The thing people seem to forget about Sega is once they went third party.. their games went down dramatically in quality and a lot of their legendary franchises were either updated to mostly average at best games.. and some were just forgotten completely.. (Phantasy Star.. the actual series.. not online versions.. and Oasis which had a legendary 32 bit prequel made). Shining for the most part is a joke.. from the old series.. I am not saying all their games are crap.. (They did release some good ones.. Virtua Fighter.. a few Sonics.. ) I don't think Nintendo will go that route exactly.. but I do think a lot of franchises that they support.. and make will just disappear.. or sink in quality if they don't// yeah you might get a good Zelda.. but who cares if Metroid, Mario, Fire Emblem and everything else goes to crap.. or disappears in oblivion..

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)