By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Disgusted At The Fact That "Industry Professionals" Can't Wait To See Nintendo's "Demise"

DietSoap said:
Bong Lover said:
DietSoap said:

And I suspect the same to you. Confused.

Now I am confused, did we just agree that your first post was cleverly ironic, or are we still stuck on you claiming you made perfect sense and me having a good snicker on your behalf?

Anyways, doesn't matter. Why should I, or anyone else, take you seriously anyway?

Wasn't trying to offend you bud.

Just sticking your nose in there to stir up some venom? I can respect that. I am going to assume you know what you were doing, and in that case: Well played, sir. I found it funny, I hope other people see it as well.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
pokoko said:
I don't see the problem, to be honest. People want things that make life easier for them. They might not really want to buy a Wii U but they'd probably like to play some of those Nintendo games. It seems somewhat superfluous, I guess, to buy a weaker console (spec-wise) when you already have a more powerful one. Why is that necessarily a bad thing to want? Did they really say, "I want Nintendo to die," or anything? Did they really say they want Nintendo to fail? Or just that they'd like Nintendo games without the hassle of buying a second console? I'd love to play Zelda, for example, but I can't easily justify buying another console when I don't really care for many of Nintendo's franchises.

I think getting upset about this might be an over-reaction.

Just think for a moment that if, maybe, Sony was in this situation. They were talking about their Conference and how it was "Meh..." but then they go on this totally off-topic discussion about how they want Sony to become a Third Party Dev. Then they start acting like it would and should be a great reality and how it would be awesome if Kaz showed up on stage at Nintendo's E3. Wouldn't you, a person who enjoys Sony's offerings and their consoles, be in the least bit annoyed?

I would scoff if those people really thought it would happen, I can understand that part.  But just dreaming about playing Zelda and then switching over to Killzone?  That's not such a bad thing to imagine.

The core of it, I think, is if those guys were really hoping that Nintendo would crash and burn.  I bet if you asked most of the, they'd say no.  Some of them probably even have friends who work for Nintendo.

Of course Nintendo won't go 3rd party, they rather die completely and try something else than becoming a laughable, once great company like Atari & Sega.

What really bothers me is that people want Nintendo to stop making consoles when they are the ones making the most profit of all gaming giants, it seems Sony and especially Microsoft are the ones that will have to quit the industry sooner or later unless they shift their primary focus on something other than games which is exactly what MS has been doing all these years.

without japanese companies the gaming industry would be fucked (just look at Microsoft)
We still don't know what Sony planned before the Xbox One reveal but atleast they aren't dickheads.

Bong Lover said:
DietSoap said:
If Nintendo doesn't take their home console seriously, why should anyone else?

I hope you are aware of the delightful irony of your post, but I am not holding my breath.

I just want to ask right fast, but where is the irony?  I don't really see it.  If DietSoap was a console manufacturer who didn't take his console seriously, that would be ironic, certainly, but I don't get it otherwise.  I admit to being somewhat puzzled.

Around the Network
t3mporary_126 said:
I may be only speaking for myself but if Nintendo went third party, I feel many Nintendo fans would not buy the xbox or playstation to play the latest Nintendo games until the systems are priced 300$ or lower because Nintendo fans have come to expect affordable consoles. I think this may because Nintendo gamers only really care about one thing a gaming console does, which is playing games and maybe free online gaming.

Bingo. No way in hell am I paying $500 + $60/year for a box that forces me to buy every game new and make sure I pay for Internet service as well just to be able to use it. Couldn't see myself paying $400 for a system that's mostly hardware upgrades either.

J_Allard said:
NintendoPie said:

I never said it was new. But it just hit me when I was watching this stream. How could people want a large company to fail just to get something that is already available for them to get, but on a different platform?

On those other platforms you get things Nintendo platforms lack?

I'm not sure about these Spike TV people (lol, Spike TV). But here are my thoughts.

Nintendo has certain strengths.

Some of those strengths, specifically, are their old IPs. Zelda, Metroid, Mario. Beyond that every now and then they do come up with quirky new game ideas. As a single heavy 3rd party game studio you couldn't ask for more.

Another strength is sometimes their hardware ideas. Lately their hardware is a little too out there or at least too pushy about it. The wiimote wasn't a bad idea, it was just too much the center of _everything_ for the Wii. The game pad isn't a bad idea, its just too much the center of the WiiU.

Nintendo has certain weaknesses.

Their 1st party games are basically, for lack of a better way to put it. Rate E for Everyone. Wii Fit, Wii Party, Mario Kart, etc. You don't expect cinematic or mature (as in teen-adult rated games, not talking about lol mature games vs casual) games out of Nintendo. For those kind of games you are forced to look on either other platforms or 3rd party developers.

Nintendo hardware lags behind the competition. This isn't necessarily bad but when you look at it from the view point of those people that want games like Killzone, Halo, Uncharted, Final Fantasy XX, etc. You end up with a deeply divided segment of gamers.

This is all fine and well when Nintendo makes money selling their hardware at a profit or near enough for _their_ software to sell well. Because at the end of the day, its not the Nintendo hardware gamers care about, its the software. So when the WiiU is causing Nintendo to post annual losses for second year in a row (since like 30 years+) you start to have worries.

You start to wonder if maybe it'd be better if those games were on different hardware, multiplatform even, that it could reach a larger audience. Of course you also start to wonder how Nintendo would be able to do some of things that are actually cool on their quirky hardware.

Sometimes people don't want to spend $300+ bucks on one console and then $400-500+ bucks on another console to get all the relevent game _genres_ they want.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

burninmylight said:
t3mporary_126 said:
I may be only speaking for myself but if Nintendo went third party, I feel many Nintendo fans would not buy the xbox or playstation to play the latest Nintendo games until the systems are priced 300$ or lower because Nintendo fans have come to expect affordable consoles. I think this may because Nintendo gamers only really care about one thing a gaming console does, which is playing games and maybe free online gaming.

Bingo. No way in hell am I paying $500 + $60/year for a box that forces me to buy every game new and make sure I pay for Internet service as well just to be able to use it. Couldn't see myself paying $400 for a system that's mostly hardware upgrades either.

There's PC, you know. Everything's better on PC.

NintendoPie said:
eFKac said:

@Bold. I hear it not the first time and I seriously don't know what does that mean. Can you explain that to me? I'm genuinely asking. How does that show in the consoles of theirs?

MiiVerse incorporates very well into recent Wii U games. WiiMote was the soul of many Nintendo games. DS Dual Screen was involved in the planning and making of games even before the DS was released.

Do you get it now?

Hmm it you take it from that point of view, I rather thought it had more to do hardware side of the consoles (the DS example fits perfectly here)
I don't know enough about the Wii U to  know if that's true, and that's a software service, but it may be essential to the overall package. As for the WiiMote, well I don't know. The same could be said about the other two and their ways of controls in reference to their games, but maybe here comes the "soul" part.

Overall and still not totally embracing the idea of it, as I think it's not a exclusive trait to Nintendo, but fair enough :P

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

AnthonyW86 said:
Nobody wants Nintendo to die, we just want the old Nintendo back. We want the evil franchise milking, casual focused part of Nintendo to go away, and let them be bold once again and focused once again.

I don't get this. There were plenty of games from Nintendo that sound like they would be right up your alley on Wii, and plenty coming for Wii U (FE x SMT, SSB, X, Bayo 2, DKC). Why do people get butthurt that every single game ever to be published isn't made specifically for them? I mean damn, have we forgotten about Kinectimals and the Wonderbook already?