By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let's make #PS4freeonlineplay

no

making PS+ mandatory for online gaming is a brilliant idea

Around the Network
BloodyRain said:
hmm, quite frankly I think the $400 is because it requires online for multiplayer now. So no.

We can't make that kind of assumption and depending on the cost of production that might not be true and production costs will go down. What I'm saying is that their PS+ service will be popluar and widely adopted. It is growing rapidly. With newly placed marketing they can really maximize the adoption rate. They don't need to pay wall online multiplayer.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Meh .. I'm good. At 400 no biggie. Plus is worth it anyway.

Chark said:
dharh said:
It's just simply not possible for SONY to keep adding all these features to PSN _and_ not require pay to play online. When the feature list of PSN was simply playstation store, apps, and play online the costs were easily recouped by the residuals from licensing and such.

Now we will have video sharing, Gaikai, _cross game chat_ (finally!), and all the previous features. Something had to give, and in order to do that they decided to recoup all their costs for online gaming by requiring a fee for it.

People who say that online gaming doesn't cost Sony anything are just simply wrong.

All the new features can be part of a service. It's the current existing ones that can be kept as basic access.

In other words you want the thing that most people absolutely must have as the free part, thus a majority don't have to sub to PS+. I don't see how Sony recoups the costs then.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

sony will off cost the PS4 price. i will happy give them my money to play online. it was going to happen sooner or later

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Around the Network

Nope, I want to pay for a service.

This way, if there is something I don't like, I have a right to complain.

Sony needs help, this gen is like starting over, the Vita is not doing good, and now they are back to juggling 3 units.

#PS4Pay4onlineplay

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

What's with the fanboys and their double standards? mandatory payment for online is a BAD thing, its your freaking money you're wasting, this should have been free, the social features should be PS Plus, but most PS4 users wont care for the social features since most of them are probably region locked, I hated the 360 for this, looks like Steam is still the best solution.

No! i want better servers for multiplayer and matchmaking, to clarify i have never used PS+ but would like to get on board with PS4. Though I regret now for not getting PS+ earlier, missed out on opportunity to have #DriveClub on day one :(

Free Multiplayer was a PS3 USP, now thanks to MS Used games will be PS4 USP.

dharh said:
Chark said:

All the new features can be part of a service. It's the current existing ones that can be kept as basic access.

In other words you want the thing that most people absolutely must have as the free part, thus a majority don't have to sub to PS+. I don't see how Sony recoups the costs then.

I think the majority will get PS+. They've made the service pretty great and it is growing all the time. A new console, new marketing strategies, new features exclusive to PS+ will spur adoption.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

sega4life said:

Nope, I want to pay for a service.

This way, if there is something I don't like, I have a right to complain.

Sony needs help, this gen is like starting over, the Vita is not doing good, and now they are back to juggling 3 units.

#PS4Pay4onlineplay

then they need to stop wasting their resources on stuff no one wants, not charge the consumers.