By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Mario Kart 8 Thread - Open To Random Online Races!

Your MK8 Rating

10 542 46.85%

9 350 30.25%

8 109 9.42%

7 27 2.33%

6 10 0.86%

5 9 0.78%

4 1 0.09%

3 22 1.90%

There shouldn't be any l... 64 5.53%

Total:1,134
Einsam_Delphin said:

Kart customization and Miiverse weren't silly! 12 players is notable because MK7 only had 8, and 4 local players is notable because many thought it'd atleast support 5 with the game pad and all.

Well MiiVerse of course wasn't, but capturing MK was! And I forgot to differentiate that MK7 had Kart Customization, Wii.

Do you think they might expand on the Kart Customization aspect, though? I say, not much.

Around the Network
cyberninja45 said:
KHlover said:
cyberninja45 said:
Looks good, but why does it look like it is taking ideas from F-zero that's my only problem why doesn't nintendo just make an f-zero game to and where is my starfox dammit

Because of a difference of over 30Mil sales :P

I honestly don't believe mario kart will sell that much again. And limiting the amount of different games on your system is not going to help grow the user base.

Still, during a time where the system is struggling it makes more sense to release a system seller than a niche game.

It's MK7 with a few extra gimmicks... and really, that's all I could ask for. :)

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Mario kart 8 loooooooooooooooooooooks so awesome....I am waiting for gameplay videos now!!! 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Amazing in every sense of the word. the giant courses, stunning visuals, lot's of alternative courses including wall and ceiling racing. what's not to love about it?

Around the Network

Not enough to get me to buy a Wii U. But thanks to Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem I'll be getting one soon hopefully.

The graphics look good, the new mechanics look fun, and the tracks seemed pretty creative from what I could see. So, yeah, I am pretty excited to play it. Although, the zero gravity stuff was taken from f zero... Which reminds me, where is my new F Zero game, Nintendo? :(

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

NintendoPie said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Kart customization and Miiverse weren't silly! 12 players is notable because MK7 only had 8, and 4 local players is notable because many thought it'd atleast support 5 with the game pad and all.

Well MiiVerse of course wasn't, but capturing MK was! And I forgot to differentiate that MK7 had Kart Customization, Wii.

Do you think they might expand on the Kart Customization aspect, though? I say, not much.

Of course they will, they have Bikes again!

I wouldnt buy a console for it but I already have one anyway

Mario Kart 8 looks really good but for me it's not a reason to buy a WiiU. I will save all the money I can get to buy a PS4...