By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Mario Kart 8 Thread - Open To Random Online Races!

Your MK8 Rating

10 542 46.85%

9 350 30.25%

8 109 9.42%

7 27 2.33%

6 10 0.86%

5 9 0.78%

4 1 0.09%

3 22 1.90%

There shouldn't be any l... 64 5.53%

Total:1,134
NintendoPie said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Looks absolutely fantastic. Yet another franchise to get the Galaxy treatment!

But the question is, do you like the Galaxy treatment?

Oh, yes. Yes indeed. Nintendo hasn't been this close to F-Zero since freakin' F-Zero!

Around the Network
cyberninja45 said:
Looks good, but why does it look like it is taking ideas from F-zero that's my only problem why doesn't nintendo just make an f-zero game to and where is my starfox dammit

By F-Zero treatment do you guys mean faster or the Zero-Gravity element?

So, does anyone have predictions for tracks that could be added in or new characters? I would like to hear your input!

I, personally, hope they bring back the Baby characters. I always played as Baby Luigi and I don't remember if MK7 had him. (Which was quite sad finding that out. )

NintendoPie said:
cyberninja45 said:
Looks good, but why does it look like it is taking ideas from F-zero that's my only problem why doesn't nintendo just make an f-zero game to and where is my starfox dammit

By F-Zero treatment do you guys mean faster or the Zero-Gravity element?

The gravity thing.

OT: sadly this was one of the best surprises for me.

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:

The gravity thing.

I also noticed MK8 may have been faster, but that might just be the trailer and editing.

Why is it a sad thing? MK8 really showcased what the franchise can do!

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
osed125 said:

The gravity thing.

I also noticed MK8 may have been faster, but that might just be the trailer and editing.

Why is it a sad thing? MK8 really showcased what the franchise can do!

Because I wasn't expecting MK to look this good. I'm not a huge fan of MK, so this was a nice surprise. But at the same time, it's sad because MK end up being more impressive than 3D Mario.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Thanks to Trucks, this thread is now The Official Mario Kart 8 Thread! I'll try my hardest to keep you guys posted!

I was really pleased by the trailer. I didn't expect much on the visual side but the game looks really really good! Only disappointment is the release in Spring 2014 instead of in 2013.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
I was really pleased by the trailer. I didn't expect much on the visual side but the game looks really really good! Only disappointment is the release in Spring 2014 instead of in 2013.

I was somewhat surprised by that as well. Didn't MKWii also release outside of Holiday Season? I think it may have been a Spring/Summer release... And I wonder if Nintendo has ever pushed up a release date. Maybe they could release it sooner?

NintendoPie said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I was somewhat surprised by that as well. Didn't MKWii also release outside of Holiday Season? I think it may have been a Spring/Summer release... And I wonder if Nintendo has ever pushed up a release date. Maybe they could release it sooner?

May 2008. Two months after Smash. 2008 was the best!

Signature goes here!