By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Mario Kart 8 Thread - Open To Random Online Races!

Your MK8 Rating

10 542 46.85%

9 350 30.25%

8 109 9.42%

7 27 2.33%

6 10 0.86%

5 9 0.78%

4 1 0.09%

3 22 1.90%

There shouldn't be any l... 64 5.53%

Total:1,134
TruckOSaurus said:
I was really pleased by the trailer. I didn't expect much on the visual side but the game looks really really good! Only disappointment is the release in Spring 2014 instead of in 2013.

I was somewhat surprised by that as well. Didn't MKWii also release outside of Holiday Season? I think it may have been a Spring/Summer release... And I wonder if Nintendo has ever pushed up a release date. Maybe they could release it sooner?

Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
TruckOSaurus said:
I was really pleased by the trailer. I didn't expect much on the visual side but the game looks really really good! Only disappointment is the release in Spring 2014 instead of in 2013.

I was somewhat surprised by that as well. Didn't MKWii also release outside of Holiday Season? I think it may have been a Spring/Summer release... And I wonder if Nintendo has ever pushed up a release date. Maybe they could release it sooner?

May 2008. Two months after Smash. 2008 was the best!

Signature goes here!

A few details:

- four player local multiplayer
- 12-player online
- car customization,
- support for video capture and sharing via the Miiverse

Rhonin the wizard said:

A few details:

- 12-player online
- car customization,

Thanks!

Aren't these all already implemented with MKWii, though?

Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
Looks really good! I wanted a new Zelda, but this will be alright as well.

Are you hyped Ninpie? Was this your first E3 here?

Nope. I was here last year. I made the "Who Is Winning E3 2012 So Far?" Thread.

What was your favorite aspect of MK8? Notice anything that you liked?

I remember that thread.

Ubisoft dominated.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

YYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSS!!! It looks awesomazing and is playable at Best Buy!!! OMG!!! I can't wait!!! :D

cyberninja45 said:
Looks good, but why does it look like it is taking ideas from F-zero that's my only problem why doesn't nintendo just make an f-zero game to and where is my starfox dammit

Because of a difference of over 30Mil sales :P

Rhonin the wizard said:

A few details:

- 12-player online
- car customization,

Four players? Seriously? I hope they add 5-player support because that's what the gamepad was made for after all. Come on, Nintendo there's this *one* opportunity where the gamepad actually makes sense! Don't waste it! 

OT: The game looked great! I was afraid they'd screw it up in some way but they didn't. Anti-gravity could actually enhance the gameplay and content of the game. Certainly the best game of the direct (besides 3D World maybe - which looked like a let-down at first until I realized I'll probably enjoy this more than the Galaxy games due to 4 player mode).

I'd say more than enough! ;)

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

Awesome but it won't sell me the system. ZombiU did that anyway, that looks fun also. There's probably already enough Wii U games that i like to make it worth buying, the newly announced games only add to that

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018