By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

@Ben did you ever add me? it still says you're await registration on my end.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Nope, I haven't played online in a few days. Local multiplayer has been taking up my time lately, and then last night I played through SSE to finally unlock Toon Link and Wolf.

I'll add you and others soon. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Resident seems sore.

You can't tell people the right and wrong way to play a game. Personally I find 1v1 on final destination no items boring in the long haul (though on occasion it is a blast), but that's how some people play it exclusively. Some people ban smash balls, some people have all items on high all the time. There is no right or wrong way to play the game and I would never call some one a loser for choosing one way over another.

If you haven't noticed it's a competitive game, that's why it tells you who won at the end rather than just showing the characters eating a sandwhich after the fight is over. The goal is obviously to win, that's why the characters are designed in such a way so as to defeat their opponents and get points, rather than designed to say...make sandwhiches. So when people play, they for some crazy reason play to win. I don't just jump off ledges and use my "lol catz" taunt because it's funny (unless I'm just winning by a huge margin), I try to defeat my opponent. I use about 4 characters most of the time (unless I'm playing against a person or persons that are clearly way worse than I am), because I am especially skilled with those 4 and am constantly trying to improve with them. And so when I go into a match with Olimar, I try to defeat my opponents. Not because it's an ego boost and I go wack off to a picture of myself after a victory, but because that's the point of the game.

If you have fun with the game trying not to win, more power to you. But most people aren't going to have fun just playing with the items and seeing what the next assist trophy is without any goal of victory to spur them on.

It sounds like you got your ass kicked and are very upset that you couldn't beat either of them with any character. Maybe you just need to practice with 1 character more so you don't lose so bad all the time.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

fazz said:
Good games luinil and gamerace, you are good brawlers :) , but I dropped on the last one because of lag, sorry rasone77 :(

Naw I sucked 'cause I was using the Wiimote-Nunchuk. Luinil totally smoked me in the next couple of games. Not that there's anything wrong with the controls, just me on those controls (always press B a fraction of a second prior to up and do a B attack as I fall to my death). I got much better when I plugged in the gamecube controller. Good game though.

@Vaga I added you as well you should add me I need some good competition Fazz is only decent when I've been up for about 40 hours and tired as crap haha.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

alright, I'll add you maxwellGT. Whats your online alias so I know who you are? Edit: Nevermind, you'r sig says pat.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

FYI - Anyone who's got me on their list. If you're playing against me then you're likely playing against my son too (Flameberg/Choas) or possibly just him since he's home more than I.

Of the two of us, he's the more deadly. If we're both on I'll appear as ACE.

Hmm today while playing online some of my button presses haven't been registering =\ like I'll do an up smash and nothing happens >:\

Hey Maxwell & Vagabond add me too.

I've added you too elgefe02.

# and nickname in sig.

alright I will