By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

This thread is for anything SSBB related.  General discussion, news, pics, videos, etc.

Dojo updates can be posted here instead of the old Official Updates thread, because it got too big, and we need a more general Brawl thread anyway.

We can organize and play through tournaments using this thread, organize player matches, I can update this original post with Friend Codes for easy access for WiFi matches.

Any future info about Brawl should preferably be posted in this thread so as not to spam up the frontpage, unless it's really newsworthy of course.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

I was waiting just for an official one.

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

I miss the old thread. Seriously, I do.

This is the new thread! Think of it as a refreshment! Think of it as a clean slate to re-hype the game and prepare for an awesome gaming experience!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

VGC killer thread #2 lol, seriously the last one was like Godzilla ripping through Tokyo AKA VGC.

I guess the first bit of news since this is the official thread now is to make sure everyone knows that characters can be unlocked multiple ways now, so if you're a hardcore Smash player and want to unlock things the old way stay out of the SSE and play the other modes.

Like Ness can be unlocked with SSE, playing 5 matches, or deflecting 10 projectiles, so the last 2 would be more old school style, and most characters are like this.

If you like the old way the suggestion is stay out of SSE, don't read the Dojo anymore, then when the game comes out just play all the other modes like crazy till you either unlock everything or get stuck.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Bu-but... :(

Ok... *sighs*... have we set date for our tournament? Or any other form of idea for it?

How about a release day tournament? We almost took down VGC would could try to have a tournament so massive it breaks Nintendo's servers.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

i miss the old thread so bad!!

I'm having my own personal tournament on release day...I could maybe play a few matches with people here online...but I'll likely be too busy with friends.

I plan on a big tournament about 2 weeks after Brawl's release. Enough time to learn the game and unlock characters and whatnot...a total noob tournament is fun, but a tournament with enough time to prepare will be more exciting.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

2 weeks is too much time me thinks. I thought high tier characters where unlocked by default (dedede)