By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

@Resident_Hazard

but, i mean, if they want to use their mains, then let them use their mains. i don't think it's that much of a big deal. unless before the session started and there was a rule to random character-picking but they still used u'r fav's....

-sounds like u're crying man...

Around the Network

Meh, I hit random on the character select about half the time. Keeps me sharp.  The only reason I don't do random for stage select is that I can't stand scrolling stages like rainbow cruise or that new DK one based off of jungle climber, I forget the name.  Mushroomy kingdom is cool though.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I don't think you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

@Resident

Just because YOU don't like losing to people who use the same characters over and over again, does not make them losers. I agree that using multiple characters is most fun, but maybe he doesn't. Shouldn't the person be alloved to play the game as he prefers it?

Oh, and they're not likely to be people living in their parent's basement. They're likely to be 8 year old (literally)

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Words Of Wisdom said:
Resident_Hazard said:
TO EVERYONE PLAYING ONLINE:
If you play using the same character over and over again, or constantly select the same stage, I'm likely to remove you from my friend list because you're a lame piece of crap. It's no fun playing against some loser to spends 90% of his time hunkered down in his parent's basement practicing over and over again with the same character all the time so that you can feed your own ego (but look like an ass) when you win constantly in online or other Brawls.
The game has 35 characters and a ton of stages--mix it up or don't play at all. I played against two people last night, one who constantly used Marth, the other constantly used Lucas and it was extremely clear that all they cared about was winning a match but not having any fun or sport in the game. You people who do this are pathetic sacks of crap and no fun at all. You know the guy that goes into Baskin Robbins and only gets vanilla ice cream every single time, at least once a week--that's you, jerk!
I would suggest everyone else do the same until these losers either mix it up a bit, or are left with no one to play against!

Go cry somewhere else.

I support using lots of characters because they're all fun for me, but if people want to play with just one because it's the most fun for them then more power to them.

If your ego gets bruised and tattered in the process, so much the better. 

So, I take it you enjoy going into the exact same fights against the exact same characters with the exact same results over and over again?  I enjoy variety, you like the color gray.  To each his own, I guess.  But this makes managing an ever-filling friend roster easier.  I'm not keeping boring assholes who only use one character repeatedly because they suck powerful cock with everyone else, or have extremely fragile egos that need to be constantly fed with guaranteed wins. 

My ego, however, wasn't bruised--I know full well I'm not the best Smash player--but the frustration of going into the same shit everytime?  "Oh great, jackass number one chose Marth--again.  That's only the sixth time in a row.  And oh great, Final Destination--again."  Watch the fun vanish.  In my house, I'm the best Smash player as my wife and kid (and most of my "real-life" gamer friends) don't stand a chance, which is why I play so everyone has fun.  I use characters I suck with and ramp up the handicap.  I know nobody wants to play against me if I'm the only one that ever wins.  That's why, at one point back in the day, no one wanted to ever play StarFox64 against me.  I totally pwned at that game.

Oyvoyvoyv said:
@Resident

Just because YOU don't like losing to people who use the same characters over and over again, does not make them losers. I agree that using multiple characters is most fun, but maybe he doesn't. Shouldn't the person be alloved to play the game as he prefers it?

Oh, and they're not likely to be people living in their parent's basement. They're likely to be 8 year old (literally)

I don't care about losing, I care about having some variety in the gameplay.  I shouldn't be able to predict the match's outcome because NerdA used Lucas 8 times in a row and won 7 of the matches.  I have nothing against using favorite characters--I go for my favorites before I mix it up a bit--but I have more than one favorite character.

But apparently I touched a nerve and some of you like being boring and fighting or using the same exact characters with the same outcomes over and over again.  They might just as well have made the game with only 5 fighters and 3 stages.

Around the Network

Boohoo. Stop trolling up the thread.

If someone wants to practice with their favorite character and try to get better with him, he has every right to.

If you don't find playing with him especially enjoyable, then go ahead and stop playing with him. There's no need to whine about it here.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:

If someone wants to practice with their favorite character and try to get better with him, he has every right to.

If you don't find playing with him especially enjoyable, then go ahead and stop playing with him. There's no need to whine about it here.

Amen brother.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I don't think you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

So is it wrong for me to try and get really good at Princess Peach and humiliate you guys? Actually I just want to use her so I can freeze frame and look up her skirt. You know you've thought about it too. Yes I am that lonely.

Brawl is the best game ever in a long time? Y/N

Seriously, I've been playing the shit out of this game ever since I got it at the midnight release. And I don't seem to be getting bored of it...and I don't have every stage and character yet.

So addicting...it's N64 all over again! (:

BenKenobi88 said:

I intend to.  Boring fights are meant to be single player affairs.

But, isn't the point of this thread to talk about, oh, Smash Bros related things?  Essentially, I was just saying that I'm dropping people from my friends list who are unoriginal and boring.  I wasn't the one that took offense to being boring.  I didn't pay $50 for a game to waste all my time playing as just Ike.