By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anti-used gaming policy is good for gamers.

dane007 said:

i nevre said  it ha skilled the industry. i siad if it keeps on goin glike that ,, it will kill it eventually. This gen saw alot more game companies shutting down due to lack of sales as mor emore people rather borrow from friends then pay for a game. Its not greed at al. Developers need ot make a living with all their hard ork they put into their games and if peopel now adays leach of friend then yes the have to implment policies to ensure you buy their games.

"Also i think the average Human knows where their Priorities lie such as family, education, and for themselves to live, The way you stated it made it sound like Poor people have no buisness in gaming.' 

Its true,, why would families pr peopel who can't afford basic necessities to support themselves , think about tgaming?  MP that you mention it how this anticonumerism ,, then what about consumer rights for free education and free health care in america? If i remember correctly,, Obama wanted free health care for everyone amd if i remember correctly he was labelled as a communist . I never saw anyone defending obama about it or bashing people who prevented free healthcare. NOw tell me is gaming more imprtant then free health care or even free education.?  If gaming is for evreyone then shouldn't free health care and free education  be on that list as well ? 

"And just one more fault in your Logic, I BORROWED the game called Metal Gear Solid and guess what? I loved it so you know what I did, I bought every Metal Gear Game Since, but if I never would have borrowed that game then guess what? I would have never Spent the Hundreds of dollars I have on that series.

"Lol theres no fault with my logic. You would fit within sharign to one froiend or sharing with 10 family members asa Ms hasn;t state what constitutes as family. My logic was referrign to many people in this gamin forum and may other gaming forums ,, where they have open admitted that they never buy game and that only play games borrow from friends. That my friend is stealing and damaging to the gaming industry. 

You are not even answering me and the fact that you think people that are less fortunate shouldnt game really shows a lot about your character. Also if you think there is a Majority of so many gamers out there that have NEVER paid for a game then i believe that you are very very very sorely mistaken, so you would be WRONG. And What is even Funnier is that most priracy happens on PC where you Guessed it DRM is Most relevent soo this whole DRM step towards Consoles is more anti-consumer then anti-piracy. And one more thing i am not your friend and good luck with your way of thinking.

Around the Network

How much does MS pay you to spread this propaganda?

Slimebeast said:
RolStoppable said:
Slimebeast said:
I agree with the OP 100%. The used games market must be crushed so that developers get more revenue and better budgets to create even better games for us all.

Not sure if serious.

Normally this would have to be a joke, but you are known to have some strange views. The most obvious one being that you abandoned the Xbox brand years ago, but are still rooting for Microsoft.

I am serious.

I don't like to have consumers rights removed per se, but I don't want gamers to put their money into the pockets of Gamestop and not supporting the developers.

And in general the industry is not in a huge need of revenue, no. The big publishers are totally rotten and money-hungry and most AAA games piss me off, but that doesn't change that a lot of mid-market games, good ones, don't get sequels because they weren't profitable.

I hate Microsoft and all their practices, I despise them and their attitude. But you know, it's still this thing with many Sony fans and their confidence and cockyness, many of them licking up everything Sony and never being able to criticize anything by Sony - and not the least all these fans being in such a huge majority - that makes me want MS and the Xbone to kinda shut them up.

YOu had it then you lost it, but more on that later. YOu like mid market games?? good, but i would bet that these policies will hurt them the most. Let me paint a picture. YOu are a regular joe who just buys COD Madden or any big AAA game cause of hype and you simply not knowing any better, now these not AAA games dont get anywhere near the hype or exposure, now which of these games benefit. If there is no used market, then people will wait for prices to go down, and which game you think they are more willing to pick up first and at full price, not the freaking mid market game. Hell no, they'll go with the AAA cause thats what they know and what all the cool guys will be playing, if anything you'll see lesser mid market games and either more AAA or smaller indie games.

As for Sony, they havent said anything close to what MS is talking about, and how they gonna shut them up? More restrictions, wont that be great!

oniyide said:
Slimebeast said:
RolStoppable said:
Slimebeast said:
I agree with the OP 100%. The used games market must be crushed so that developers get more revenue and better budgets to create even better games for us all.

Not sure if serious.

Normally this would have to be a joke, but you are known to have some strange views. The most obvious one being that you abandoned the Xbox brand years ago, but are still rooting for Microsoft.

I am serious.

I don't like to have consumers rights removed per se, but I don't want gamers to put their money into the pockets of Gamestop and not supporting the developers.

And in general the industry is not in a huge need of revenue, no. The big publishers are totally rotten and money-hungry and most AAA games piss me off, but that doesn't change that a lot of mid-market games, good ones, don't get sequels because they weren't profitable.

I hate Microsoft and all their practices, I despise them and their attitude. But you know, it's still this thing with many Sony fans and their confidence and cockyness, many of them licking up everything Sony and never being able to criticize anything by Sony - and not the least all these fans being in such a huge majority - that makes me want MS and the Xbone to kinda shut them up.

YOu had it then you lost it, but more on that later. YOu like mid market games?? good, but i would bet that these policies will hurt them the most. Let me paint a picture. YOu are a regular joe who just buys COD Madden or any big AAA game cause of hype and you simply not knowing any better, now these not AAA games dont get anywhere near the hype or exposure, now which of these games benefit. If there is no used market, then people will wait for prices to go down, and which game you think they are more willing to pick up first and at full price, not the freaking mid market game. Hell no, they'll go with the AAA cause thats what they know and what all the cool guys will be playing, if anything you'll see lesser mid market games and either more AAA or smaller indie games.

As for Sony, they havent said anything close to what MS is talking about, and how they gonna shut them up? More restrictions, wont that be great!

There would be those kind of people, but I think there are even more people who buy a $60 mid-market single-player game and then dump it to Gamestop within a couple of weeks, flooding the second hand market with cheap copies, which will hurt further sales of new copies.

Meanwhile the type of games that aren't dumped as easily into Gamestop are the huge blockbluster AAA games with emphasis on multiplayer and longevity like COD, Battlefield and FIFA. The casuals and semi-core people will want to hold on to their copy of COD and FIFA because all their friends are playing that game online.

Muffin31190 said:
dane007 said:

i nevre said  it ha skilled the industry. i siad if it keeps on goin glike that ,, it will kill it eventually. This gen saw alot more game companies shutting down due to lack of sales as mor emore people rather borrow from friends then pay for a game. Its not greed at al. Developers need ot make a living with all their hard ork they put into their games and if peopel now adays leach of friend then yes the have to implment policies to ensure you buy their games.

"Also i think the average Human knows where their Priorities lie such as family, education, and for themselves to live, The way you stated it made it sound like Poor people have no buisness in gaming.' 

Its true,, why would families pr peopel who can't afford basic necessities to support themselves , think about tgaming?  MP that you mention it how this anticonumerism ,, then what about consumer rights for free education and free health care in america? If i remember correctly,, Obama wanted free health care for everyone amd if i remember correctly he was labelled as a communist . I never saw anyone defending obama about it or bashing people who prevented free healthcare. NOw tell me is gaming more imprtant then free health care or even free education.?  If gaming is for evreyone then shouldn't free health care and free education  be on that list as well ? 

"And just one more fault in your Logic, I BORROWED the game called Metal Gear Solid and guess what? I loved it so you know what I did, I bought every Metal Gear Game Since, but if I never would have borrowed that game then guess what? I would have never Spent the Hundreds of dollars I have on that series.

"Lol theres no fault with my logic. You would fit within sharign to one froiend or sharing with 10 family members asa Ms hasn;t state what constitutes as family. My logic was referrign to many people in this gamin forum and may other gaming forums ,, where they have open admitted that they never buy game and that only play games borrow from friends. That my friend is stealing and damaging to the gaming industry. 

You are not even answering me and the fact that you think people that are less fortunate shouldnt game really shows a lot about your character. Also if you think there is a Majority of so many gamers out there that have NEVER paid for a game then i believe that you are very very very sorely mistaken, so you would be WRONG. And What is even Funnier is that most priracy happens on PC where you Guessed it DRM is Most relevent soo this whole DRM step towards Consoles is more anti-consumer then anti-piracy. And one more thing i am not your friend and good luck with your way of thinking.

Lol you haven't answered my question when i asked "Its true,, why would families pr peopel who can't afford basic necessities to support themselves , think about tgaming?  MP that you mention it how this anticonumerism ,, then what about consumer rights for free education and free health care in america?" and "ever saw anyone defending obama about it or bashing people who prevented free healthcare. NOw tell me is gaming more imprtant then free health care or even free education.?".  Lol how do you expect people who can't  afford feeding themselves or family, paying rent, paying bills, paying health care bills, paying for education be able to afford gaming? Basically you are saying that gaming is more important then the above mentioned. You are saying that consumers have the right to gaming yet when someone wants to give consumers  access to free health care and  education you bash them for it.   Your logic and many others who bash ms for it really shows hohw screwed up your priorities if free healthcare and education is communist but preventing used games is anti consumerism. * claps hands for stupidity LOL.

Hence why pc gaming is not as big as console gaming. Hence why games from consoles do nto make it to pc.  Piracy does harm games . Good example is witcher games. Before it came to consoles it  ws only on pc. The game ws very good  and sold a decnet amount but not the amount it deserved because of piracy. There was an article that said that it was pirated 4.5 million times which ended up ot be more then what it actually sold hence why it came to console as it sol dalot more once that was included. http://www.gamespot.com/news/the-witcher-2-pirated-45-million-times-cd-projekt-6346876 . Thats a small company and 4.5 million of stolen cpopies is alot of money lost . They are one the best developer for rpgs and love their games :)

Around the Network

Consumers are always right, they create the demand and spend the money. If developers can't make what the consumer wants, it's NOT the consumers fault. Markets are self correcting and adapt. If you don't adapt you die. Byebye Atari, too bad.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

we should ban yard sale!!!!!!
it is anti-ikea, target, walmart, whatever store they originally bought their stuff....

dane007 said:

Lol you haven't answered my question when i asked "Its true,, why would families pr peopel who can't afford basic necessities to support themselves , think about tgaming?  MP that you mention it how this anticonumerism ,, then what about consumer rights for free education and free health care in america?" and "ever saw anyone defending obama about it or bashing people who prevented free healthcare. NOw tell me is gaming more imprtant then free health care or even free education.?".  Lol how do you expect people who can't  afford feeding themselves or family, paying rent, paying bills, paying health care bills, paying for education be able to afford gaming? Basically you are saying that gaming is more important then the above mentioned. You are saying that consumers have the right to gaming yet when someone wants to give consumers  access to free health care and  education you bash them for it.   Your logic and many others who bash ms for it really shows hohw screwed up your priorities if free healthcare and education is communist but preventing used games is anti consumerism. * claps hands for stupidity LOL.

Hence why pc gaming is not as big as console gaming. Hence why games from consoles do nto make it to pc.  Piracy does harm games . Good example is witcher games. Before it came to consoles it  ws only on pc. The game ws very good  and sold a decnet amount but not the amount it deserved because of piracy. There was an article that said that it was pirated 4.5 million times which ended up ot be more then what it actually sold hence why it came to console as it sol dalot more once that was included. http://www.gamespot.com/news/the-witcher-2-pirated-45-million-times-cd-projekt-6346876 . Thats a small company and 4.5 million of stolen cpopies is alot of money lost . They are one the best developer for rpgs and love their games :)

You completely missed the message but you know what? Its ok if this whole DRM thing happens you will get what you want, but incase you havent noticed you are the minority on this matter. It's ok though you are entitled to your opinion whatever it may be, but I answered your qustion before you even asked, maybe if you actually read what i said then you would understand. And you are making RASH Generalizations about me and what I support, hell maybe i do support free healthcare maybe i dont, but what you are doing is classing people as poor and saying they have no right to play video games, which plainly just wrong.  Also if the Witcher 2 was really effected by the piracy it has suffered then why are they making a third ... * gasp* ... could it be because piracy does not effect the indutry as much as u say it does? i think so.
Also a quick sidenote the developers of The Witcher 2 are strictly agianst DRM, have you ever heard of GOG?  It is a website that sells ONLY DRM FREE GAMES, the same people behind that gaming website made the Witcher 2 and guess what there not that small of a company, they are no where near the size of Bungie or Naughty Dog but they are still not a small company.
Another thing with the Piracy, I bought the Witcher and The Witcher 2 because i heard of happened with their game and Piracy. And one more thing about how those developers feel about Piracy and DRM ...  "Let's make this clear: we don't support piracy. It hurts us, the developers. It hurts the industry as a whole. Though we are staunch opponents of DRM because we don't believe it has any effect on reducing piracy, we still do not condone copying games illegally."
http://kotaku.com/5875574/cd-projekt-retires-its-witcher-2-piracy-witch+hunt

here is also another point about how they feel about DRM
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/29/interview-cd-projekts-ceo-on-witcher-2-piracy-why-drms-still-not-worth-it/

I am not trying to change your thoughts on this issue I only hope you become more educated on the matter, and I will not attack you on the matter as you have me. Read what I say and formulate an opinion but the fact that you generalize me without knowing my thoughts on a certain matter. And one more thing i have never been in support of Piracy and it does hurt the Industry but to the point you have to Punish the Consumer because of the crimes of another is WRONG.

Muffin31190 said:
dane007 said:

You completely missed the message but you know what? Its ok if this whole DRM thing happens you will get what you want, but incase you havent noticed you are the minority on this matter. It's ok though you are entitled to your opinion whatever it may be, but I answered your qustion before you even asked, maybe if you actually read what i said then you would understand. And you are making RASH Generalizations about me and what I support, hell maybe i do support free healthcare maybe i dont, but what you are doing is classing people as poor and saying they have no right to play video games, which plainly just wrong.  Also if the Witcher 2 was really effected by the piracy it has suffered then why are they making a third ... * gasp* ... could it be because piracy does not effect the indutry as much as u say it does? i think so.
Also a quick sidenote the developers of The Witcher 2 are strictly agianst DRM, have you ever heard of GOG?  It is a website that sells ONLY DRM FREE GAMES, the same people behind that gaming website made the Witcher 2 and guess what there not that small of a company, they are no where near the size of Bungie or Naughty Dog but they are still not a small company.
Another thing with the Piracy, I bought the Witcher and The Witcher 2 because i heard of happened with their game and Piracy. And one more thing about how those developers feel about Piracy and DRM ...  "Let's make this clear: we don't support piracy. It hurts us, the developers. It hurts the industry as a whole. Though we are staunch opponents of DRM because we don't believe it has any effect on reducing piracy, we still do not condone copying games illegally."
http://kotaku.com/5875574/cd-projekt-retires-its-witcher-2-piracy-witch+hunt

here is also another point about how they feel about DRM
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/29/interview-cd-projekts-ceo-on-witcher-2-piracy-why-drms-still-not-worth-it/

I am not trying to change your thoughts on this issue I only hope you become more educated on the matter, and I will not attack you on the matter as you have me. Read what I say and formulate an opinion but the fact that you generalize me without knowing my thoughts on a certain matter. And one more thing i have never been in support of Piracy and it does hurt the Industry but to the point you have to Punish the Consumer because of the crimes of another is WRONG.

Haha you are forgetting that Witcher 2 retail version  had DRM to start with. All those who bought the retail copy at launch had drm in their copy which reduced the performance 50%. It took them awhile to remove it after a big outcry because the digital version of the game didn't have it.  They are hypocrites as tehy added it in the first place and no they are kissing as sbecause of how ma ny times their game have been pirated. Know your fact first before saying it :). No you didn't . I asked if right to free healthcare and education is not as important then gaming. You have yet to answer that.  I didn't say they have no right ot play games. I said that they wouldn't be thinking about gaming at all because of they other stuff to think about. Theres difference betwen not thinking about it and saying that they don't have the right to play. Dude gaming is like any other hobby. You got to be able to afford it in order to enjoy the hobby. Its likje PC gaming, Not everyone can enjoy because you need cash to upgrade the PC. Thats the sad fact of life. I would love if everyone can play but thats never going to happen. Actually it did effect them hence why they released witcher 2 on consoles. The game sold less then the original Witcher  due to piracy. 4.5 million extra copies for the company is quite a bit don't you think?  I think if it wasn't for realeasing it on consoles they wouldn't have released witcher 3. Don't forget its coming out on all console platforms as they know you can't pirate that easily on consoles so more money is made there. I am not completely supporting DRM.. There is good and Bad DRM. Sim city DRM is bad as what the drm is used for as promised by Maxis was a lie howwever if DRM cna be used to stop piracy then yes i will support it . MS is not punishign the consumer. That stuff have existed in every gen . you jsu thave to read teh EULA. The only difference is now teh publishers want to monitor it closely and to ensure you buy the new game. Just look at all the online passes. they removed it for this puproses and just wait till sony does it. AT least MS had the balls to admit  their policy to everyone unlike SONY who is hiding in the corner scared to  say anythign about their policy escept for giving vague answers.

MS's policies are good, because they'll kick out of gaming people without good online connections from uncool growing countries, slowing down the expansion of gaming, and maybe even preventing those countries to be an important market in the future. Last gen some of them still bought 360s, even in countries where Xbox Live wasn't available, and hopefully finally this time they'll get that they're not welcome. We don't want your money, it's not like the industry needs more $$$.

Videogames should exist only in regions where they have always been big, like Europe.