By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anti-used gaming policy is good for gamers.

papamudd said:
Honestly I think game sharing and used games help to a certain extent on sales. Say on the x1 if I can buy 1 copy and give it to 1 other friend so we can play together, and then 8 other people can get it from me 2 as long as the play times for that game are diversified you could potentially cut the sales on x1 COD game by say %50 easily. Meaning people that were going to buy it go it for free thanks to family cloud share. Now this could also potentially mean that these people would be more willing to take a risk on other new titles, and thereby helping out the sales of other games.

Its not used games hurting overall game sales its monster franchises that take up the majority of sales for any given year. I believe this is driven by blind consumerism, and causes people who are on a limited budget (MAJORITY OF GAMERS) to only buy that one big game, or choose a lot more carefully. I truly think that if those profits were diversified we could get some more stability in the gaming market. However, MS and ACTI won't really let that happen as they have the most AD campaign moneys and will spend most of it to push these bigger games.

EXACTLY! and it will only get worst, when games get more expensive and people will not want to risk buying something they are not sure about BECAUSE they know it will be harder to trade in.

I respect the OP for at least trying to have coherrent arguments, even though i think they are misguided. ITs a much better than "but, but...SONY!" or "it doesnt affect me"

Around the Network

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

this policy will kill off small and independent game developers and only the biggest game developers churning out Call of Duty, FIFA, Battlefield and all the other games that change little every year will be the only games available.