By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Lost World 12 minutes of gameplay

yooooo Super Sonic Galaxy

Around the Network

This looks great

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Xxain said:

Just as I thought you are using the term in correctly. Modern sonic is defined by the boost mechanic and game/level design being designed around that mechanic. That is a just automted section that actually is just like 06 high speed sections in the sense that is automatically moving forward without input from player except left or right movement to dodge obstales.

Erm... so because it doesnt have the boost button it isnt the same gameplay? That is difficult to understand. The boost only moves you forward faster. The gameplay itself is the same. When you play a modern stage on Sonic generations console version and when you play ruins act 2 the gameplay is the same aside the presence of the boost button.

I dont think im using it incorrectly Xxain. I'm a big Sonic fan since the original, but i terribly dislike modern sonic gameplay. Its just permanatly "on rails" gameplay.

Metrium said:
I really can't understand all the positivism towards this game. Is it because it's exclusive that ppl are so excited about it?

Personaly I still have a bad feeling about this game. First I thought the trailer was disapointing, with these kiddy deadly 6 bosses that looked like they came straight out of Skylander. And now this... Why is Sonic sooo SLOW?! Why is this so much like Mario where you have to take your time and plan carefully your jumps from platform to platform? I love Mario, but this is a Sonic game!

This is way to much like Mario imo, it's so slow, It's not what I would want from a Sonic game.

Because the Genesis Sonic games also required careful jump planning, and those were by far the best. Obviously if the player has memorized a level, there is no longer any need to move through it slowly, so players can alternate between walk, run (parkour speed), and all-out dash.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Nem said:
Xxain said:

Just as I thought you are using the term in correctly. Modern sonic is defined by the boost mechanic and game/level design being designed around that mechanic. That is a just automted section that actually is just like 06 high speed sections in the sense that is automatically moving forward without input from player except left or right movement to dodge obstales.

Erm... so because it doesnt have the boost button it isnt the same gameplay? That is difficult to understand. The boost only moves you forward faster. The gameplay itself is the same. When you play a modern stage on Sonic generations console version and when you play ruins act 2 the gameplay is the same aside the presence of the boost button.

I dont think im using it incorrectly Xxain.

What part give a time. I watched saw nothing of modern.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Nem said:

All of it. The camera stayed behind, Sonic is constantly properled, the level is designed for rapid lane change. Check the wood planks that compose the floor. They are perfectly lined for lane change.

Metrium said:
I really can't understand all the positivism towards this game. Is it because it's exclusive that ppl are so excited about it?

Personaly I still have a bad feeling about this game. First I thought the trailer was disapointing, with these kiddy deadly 6 bosses that looked like they came straight out of Skylander. And now this... Why is Sonic sooo SLOW?! Why is this so much like Mario where you have to take your time and plan carefully your jumps from platform to platform? I love Mario, but this is a Sonic game!

This is way to much like Mario imo, it's so slow, It's not what I would want from a Sonic game.

Play the old Sonic games, then come back and tell me that Sonic is not about precise platforming.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Nem said:
Xxain said:
Nem said:

All of it. The camera stayed behind, Sonic is constantly properled, the level is designed for rapid lane change. Check the wood planks that compose the floor. They are perfectly lined for lane change.

The camera is always behind sonic in every 3D game. Where is it suppose to be? Sonic is constantly propelled because its a automated section..thats happens during automated sections which this slightly weird because you can stop in boost era sonic.. again this has more in common with 06 highspeed sections but with out the openess than boost era. Im not that big of fan of boost era either but uuh I dont see it. I would say its Secret Rings before unleashed.

Do you think that Sonic and secret rings is the same as Unleahed design?

Xxain said:
Do you think that Sonic and secret rings is the same as Unleahed design?

I never played secret rings. I didnt get a Wii, though a Wii U is a likely purchase. I just dont like motion controls.

If you say it is, then maybe it is, but for me it closely resembles modern gameplay. Maybe not exactly the same, but close.