By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Lost World 12 minutes of gameplay

Man oh man, does this game look great! Really looking forward to this game. ^_^

First of all the brand new style of gameplay as seen in the first level looks fantastic. First of all, they've finally slowed Sonic down (and yes, this is a good thing).  Sonic, while always focusing on the elements of speed and momentum, also had a heavy focus on precision platforming. Starting with Sonic Adventure, Sonic's focus became more dependant on speed than platforming. And while this isn't necessarily a bad thing (as seen by Sonic Colors and Generations, who have really fine tuned that specific gameplay element). This initial level shows a strong focus on platforming, and while Sonic's new parkour moves gives the user more room for mistakes (as slightly missing your jump wont really result in a negative), it's still great to see them moving in this direction.

The second level really shows improvements to the blue blur's jumping mechanics. Sonic Color's 2D sections were still great, but his jump was extremely floaty (because you really didn't need precision movement in that game) and that really wasn't ideal. But from what we're seeing here is solid 2D platforming with precision controls. There's some areas where you see him dash into an obticle or a badnik, but other than that... looks solid!

And level three harkens back to the pure speed gameplay of Sonic Colors/Generations. Like I said before, this is solid gameplay design which is a lot of fun, so I am happy to see them not ditch it entirely. They really make it play silky smooth and it looks like a blast to play. Can't wait. ^_^

So all in all, all three levels represent diverse gameplay elements that will allow this game to remain fresh and fun for all Sonic fans. I really can't wait to play the game this year.

And one last thing...

AHHHHH ROBOTNIK ANIMAL CAPSULES ARE BACK THAT'S SO AWESOME!!!

Around the Network
Nem said:
Xxain said:
Do you think that Sonic and secret rings is the same as Unleahed design?

I never played secret rings. I didnt get a Wii, though a Wii U is a likely purchase. I just dont like motion controls.

If you say it is, then maybe it is, but for me it closely resembles modern gameplay. Maybe not exactly the same, but close.

Would you consider half pipe special stages and boost era the same?

Xxain said:
Nem said:
Xxain said:

I never played secret rings. I didnt get a Wii, though a Wii U is a likely purchase. I just dont like motion controls.

If you say it is, then maybe it is, but for me it closely resembles modern gameplay. Maybe not exactly the same, but close.

No, because you dont fall to your death (or bump into a wall) on the special stage and you cant automatically change "lanes".

Parkuor is the best mechanic they could add to Sonic. That alone would be enough for a style. SEGA really went all out. Im very proud of them.

Xxain said:

I for one preferred Secret Rings (and Black Knight) to how the 3D levels were designed in Unleashed and Colors.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Ubisoft may regret holding off on Rayman. Not only will it have competition on Wii U but PS3 as well. They really should have released the Wii U version and then a PS3 version. If its MS policy games cant come late then so be it, no game at all. Of course with less competition(not sure how many MS has coming if any) it may sell to more people on 360.

ListerOfSmeg said:
Ubisoft may regret holding off on Rayman. Not only will it have competition on Wii U but PS3 as well. They really should have released the Wii U version and then a PS3 version. If its MS policy games cant come late then so be it, no game at all. Of course with less competition(not sure how many MS has coming if any) it may sell to more people on 360.

It's certainly pretty neat that some of the biggest names of platforming (Rayman Legends, Sonic: Lost World, and Super Mario U [rumored of course]) will be arriving this holiday season on one console. Certainly a beautiful thing. *wipes tear away*

But you're right, this certainly puts Rayman Legends in an interesting position.

Nem said:
Xxain said:
Nem said:
Xxain said:

No, because you dont fall to your death (or bump into a wall) on the special stage and you cant automatically change "lanes".

Bur you can fall to your death in any Sonic. Number 1 reason death in Sonic lol. I dont want to continue with this but you are defining modern as something weird. The section I believe your refering too is clearly a automatic section and in every automatic section you have limited control over the character. Using sonic's speed against the player to have them focus on reaction..what else would a automated sonic section be about and why does that equal Modern though?

btw.. in that section its not a simple button press. Your actually tilting the game pad left in right.

ListerOfSmeg said:
I was honestly surprised they are that far along to have a demo with the game being announced a few weeks ago. It could be an interesting holiday with 3 platformers on the market. Sonic, Rayman, and Mario

Sonic Generations launched in 2011. They've probably been working on this for about a year and a half, and I wouldn't be surprised if they have an even more detailed, and polished demo at E3. 

As for Sonic, Rayman, and Mario, Mario will sell the most, then Sonic, then Rayman. Rayman probably won't do well on the WIi U at all since it's coming on the PS3 and 360.