By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Lost World 12 minutes of gameplay

So, this is better than what i was expecting. Only 1/3rd of the game is bad, the levels with modern sonic gameplay. But the dreamcast era and 2D era gameplay levels look enjoyable.

The 3DS version doesnt seem to have modern sonic levels so its fair game for me again. I will be getting that version.

Around the Network
orniletter said:
teigaga said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
I was honestly surprised they are that far along to have a demo with the game being announced a few weeks ago. It could be an interesting holiday with 3 platformers on the market. Sonic, Rayman, and Mario

And Puppeteer!!! don't forget Pupeteer!!!!

Hurray for Platformers :D

Its literally going to be the Platformers galore starting with Rayman.

We can add Kirby, Knack and the rumoured Banjo Kazooie to the list of platformers coming this year! never thought I'd see the day when they made such a triuphant return :')

Nem said:
So, this is better than what i was expecting. Only 1/3rd of the game is bad, the levels with modern sonic gameplay, but the dreamcast era and 2D era gameplay levels look enjoyable.

The 3DS version doesnt seem to have modern sonic levels so its fair game for me again. I will be getting that version.

I dont know if your getting your Sonic terms jubbled or what but there is NO modern sonic gameplay( the system that started in unleashed) at all in this game.

teigaga said:

Gameplay wise they're finally acknowledging some serious faults which have always held the series back.

Its less important but visuals the game is a big step back from Sonic Generations, both technically and in terms of art direction. The Wii U version looks like a 3DS game but without jaggies. Generations however was quite stunning to look at.

I was expecting the game to look more polished and beautiful, like Generations, but after seeing the game in action I really like the look of the gameplay in Lost World and the full interactivity of the levels.

Xxain said:
Nem said:
So, this is better than what i was expecting. Only 1/3rd of the game is bad, the levels with modern sonic gameplay, but the dreamcast era and 2D era gameplay levels look enjoyable.

I dont know if your getting your Sonic terms jubbled or what but there is NO modern sonic gameplay( the system that started in unleashed) at all in this game.

Check the ruins area act 2.

Windy hills act 1 is dreamcast era gameplay cause you can move freely in all directions.

Something ruins act 1 is 2D gameplay.

Ruins act 2 is modern sonic gameplay. You cant stop sonic on that level and i imagine its the same automated "lane changing" gameplay.

This all on the Wii U version. Ruins act 2 is missing from the 3DS footage.

Around the Network

orniletter said:
Looks fantastic, is it confirmed that the 3DS and Wii U versions will be different ? Is yes, I will get both !
EDIT:" the 3DS version is "not a port from the Wii U version" but features "totally new level design to match the screen size and hardware so players can enjoy both versions with a fresh feeling."
Yeah...will get both :P

haha... same here...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Nem said:
Xxain said:
Nem said:

gimme a time so I dont have to watch the whole thing and also to specific on what you are classifying as modern

Xxain said:
Nem said:

gimme a time so I dont have to watch the whole thing and also to specific on what you are classifying as modern

I edited the other post with details. You replied too fast. ^^

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Nem said:
Xxain said:
Nem said:

I edited the other post with details. You replied too fast. ^^

Just as I thought you are using the term in correctly. Modern sonic is defined by the boost mechanic and game/level design being designed around that mechanic. That is a just automted section that actually is just like 06 high speed sections in the sense that is automatically moving forward without input from player except left or right movement to dodge obstales.