By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Lost World 12 minutes of gameplay

I must say the wiiU gameplay looks really solid, it looks like they have solved some of the issues with 3d sonic in this, finally they have slowed him down a notch, which if you look at the old genesis games he really was not too fast unless he was running downhill or had the fast shoes. Which makes me hope they solve the momentum and jumping problem in these games which has always been shaky since they moved to 3d, especially the jumping trying to cover up the floaty jump with a lock on (or dash attack or whatever it is called) is not good enough.

However from the video of the 3ds version I think the running and jumping still looks a bit off, unlike the wiiU version. I hope they can fix that though (which they probably won't).

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network

this game isn't what i hoped. But it's close. Honestly i think this looks to be the best sonic game since sonic 3 for the genesis. I feel like it has a little bit of identity issues. I'd rather it just be a 3d game and make all those 2d levels the next episode in sonic 4. Granted i'm sure alot of people are really going to dig the 3d 2d fusion. Also, that 1st level looks sweet, but i'd rather it took place in the background. Actually on the ground for more exploration and travel. That being said this is a huge step in the right direction and i really hope it's successful. This would be a great game to build off of.

PullusPardus said:
Xxain said:
HOLY FUCK LET US DL THIS!!!

come on man, it was fixed two games ago with sonic colors.

@OP oh my gosh, this looks awesome!

I agree alot has been done to raise quality since Colors, but the issues of speed versus precise platforming was still lingering. The Parkuor system looks to have solved that.

aikohualda said:
Chandler said:

chandy you play sonic?

Not really^^ But thats ok, I don't have to like every single game on my favorite platform and pretend like it has been custom tailored to my tastes.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

3DS version day 1....!!!!!!

WiiU version as soon as i get a WiiU (likely to be in the next 12-18 months)

Around the Network

I thought I would never give a fuck about sonic past the dreamcast days, way to prove me wrong

Chandler said:
aikohualda said:
Chandler said:

chandy you play sonic?

Not really^^ But thats ok, I don't have to like every single game on my favorite platform and pretend like it has been custom tailored to my tastes.

will you get it wii u or 3ds?

aikohualda said:
Chandler said:
aikohualda said:
Chandler said:

chandy you play sonic?

will you get it wii u or 3ds?

The last Sonic game I played was on the SEGA game gear when I was in hospital and my bedneighbour introduced me to this huge thing (no homo). I haven't played any 3D Sonic games because they always looked super wonky to me. I really need to be persuaded first. The graphic looks right up my Super Mario alley so thats a start. But I need a good demo, good reviews and generally good word of mouth before I can commit to Sonic.

I also don't like to go fast.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Oh my GOD I just found this why didn't anyone tell me?! Gonna go watch now!

Xxain said:

Bur you can fall to your death in any Sonic. Number 1 reason death in Sonic lol. I dont want to continue with this but you are defining modern as something weird. The section I believe your refering too is clearly a automatic section and in every automatic section you have limited control over the character. Using sonic's speed against the player to have them focus on reaction..what else would a automated sonic section be about and why does that equal Modern though?

At the risk of repeating myself, its the lack of control. Its on rails and falling on a 2D level you can clearly see and have time to react to. Is is not the same as beeing thrown into a deathtrap you dont have any time to see and react to.Actually Bottomless pits were removed from the most part of Sonic 3 because they are such a bad design idea.

On sonic generations they even felt the need to warn you with a clear sign when these sections come up. Its not fun to drop in a bottomless pit.

You say i define modern sonic as something weird, but i dont see how it is weird. Its what SEGA calls modern Sonic gameplay in Sonic generations except you dont have a boost button. I like to have full 3D movement control (or 2D on those portions of course). Modern Sonic removes this controls from you and you can only move left or right in an effort to dodge incoming obstacles.