By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Lost World 12 minutes of gameplay

Im with Chandler, not a big Sonic fan. But time will tell

Around the Network

This is just further cementing the fact that a Nintendo + Sega/Sonic relationship is a good thing.

This is what happens when Nintendo takes over Sonic. I kinda like it. Some of the past physics errors seem to have been fixed. Leave it to the Super Mario Galaxy team I guess. Well, I really don't know how Nintendo and Sega handled development but it takes many ideas from Galaxy. AND THAT IS A GOOD THING!

Wow that was just awesome! :D I'm so happy they fixed some stuff that, now that I think about it, really bugged me before.

My favorite was the third one, it must feel great to play. This footage was such a nice surprise to come home to! n.n

Chandler said:
aikohualda said:
Chandler said:
aikohualda said:
Chandler said:

chandy you play sonic?

Not really^^ But thats ok, I don't have to like every single game on my favorite platform and pretend like it has been custom tailored to my tastes.

will you get it wii u or 3ds?

The last Sonic game I played was on the SEGA game gear when I was in hospital and my bedneighbour introduced me to this huge thing (no homo). I haven't played any 3D Sonic games because they always looked super wonky to me. I really need to be persuaded first. The graphic looks right up my Super Mario alley so thats a start. But I need a good demo, good reviews and generally good word of mouth before I can commit to Sonic.

I also don't like to go fast.

LMAOOOOO that is too funny!!!!!

Around the Network
teigaga said:

Gameplay wise they're finally acknowledging some serious faults which have always held the series back.

Its less important but visuals the game is a big step back from Sonic Generations, both technically and in terms of art direction. The Wii U version looks like a 3DS game but without jaggies. Generations however was quite stunning to look at.

Generations' high poly style was nice, but I like this style better. The difference is subtle, but SG had a slightly more realistic style, whereas SLW is more toony and reminds me of Mario Galaxy.

It's also nice to see a game with simple visuals that also looks more fun than a game with better technical graphics. It gives me hope that devs will realize what's important and stop killing themselves. I honestly never once stopped to think "wow these Sonic Generations visuals are incredible". I was too busy speeding through the leverl to notice/care.

The 3DS version looks like soo much fun as well, and dat music! *-*

The game look HOT for a 3DS game

looks great, cant wait!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I've recently realized that I play Sonic games really slow...
They're not "all about speed" for me at all...
The first games did a very good job of allowing the player to choose how to go through the level...
Most of the 3DS games that I've played failed to do this...
I hope we get that choice back...

Have a nice day...

Looks like a sonic galaxy mix game. This has me excited for the next Mario game. I doubt Nintendo would publish a Mario Galaxy and sonic galaxy game at thr the same time. Makes me even more excited for new mario gameplay styles. Dam I hope for a new Mario bros 2 type of remake.