By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This E3 will define the winner of generation

Disagree entirely. Not this far from launch, because we need that momentum throughout the years, not just a strong launch.

Heck, PSV and Wii U had strong launch lineups. Now look.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

E3 is less important than what commercial each company will have this Christmas. I think there are a lot of forum-fanboys who are really naive and think that E3 is the only thing that matters, when in fact it matters very little.

E3 will have people talking for 1-3 weeks after the event, then people will be onto whatever new news comes out.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

E3 will not determine any winner. However it will probably give us a hint when it comes to three things:

1) Nintendo's ability to regain moment
2) Short term success for PS4 (6-9 months after launch)
3) Short term success for XboxOne (6-9 months after launch)

Anything beyond that is impossible to project from E3.

This E3 will very likely decide whether the Wii U will be another Gamecube sales-wise.

If 3D Mario and Smash Bros U fail to impress, if they don't pull out all the stops, then they're pretty much screwed.

It's make or break time.

crissindahouse said:
how do you define a winner? sales numbers or financials of the consoles? i think if we talk about sales, it't will be maybe clear after the second or third holiday season. if we talk about the financials we will maybe never know.

but if we will know the profit or losses of the consoles we should really wait some years to get at least half an idea.

number of fanboys ragging on the internet

Around the Network

Save that for next E3. This one is all about if the Wii U will bounce back, and will the Xbox One and PS4 have good launches.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

E3 will decide who pulls away and has the best start, but it does not seal the deal. The way companies perform throughout the gen will play out how their gen ends.

E3 doesn't affect much, you think the majority of console owners watch and care about E3? Heck, you think the majority of console gamers even know what E3 is?
The impact that these expos and shows have is limited to ravings on internet forums and in gaming media, even the dedicated gaming section of major online newspapers score only a fraction of the clicks the other sections get in mainstream media.
E3 might be a big deal to some, I know I used to care about it, but I'm hardly representative of the average console gamer.

Jumpin said:
E3 is less important than what commercial each company will have this Christmas. I think there are a lot of forum-fanboys who are really naive and think that E3 is the only thing that matters, when in fact it matters very little.

E3 will have people talking for 1-3 weeks after the event, then people will be onto whatever new news comes out.

Trade shows aren't as relevant as they were in the 90s - early 2000s.

A publisher can release information about their upcoming game online and the press & social media will pick up on it.

We live in a digital age.