By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This E3 will define the winner of generation

Mr Khan said:
Carl2291 said:
Nope.

Gamescom will probably be the best show of the Year. Closer to launch, price details, more games, Europe, fun.

Nintendo skips Gamescom completely, though. Or at least they did last year.

Nintendo already registered for Gamescom this year I believe. I remember reading an article about Microsoft AND Nintendo returning in 2013. Nintendo's strategy seems to be, announce things worldwide, simultaneously through Nintendo Direct, and then give each region a chance to play demos of their big holiday games. E3 for North America, Gamescom for Europe, and no doubt they'll have Japan covered too at some point. 

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

Around the Network

TK14 said:

Nintendo already registered for Gamescom this year I believe. I remember reading an article about Microsoft AND Nintendo returning in 2013. Nintendo's strategy seems to be, announce things worldwide, simultaneously through Nintendo Direct, and then give each region a chance to play demos of their big holiday games. E3 for North America, Gamescom for Europe, and no doubt they'll have Japan covered too at some point. 

that's amazing!

Click HERE and be happy 

PS4's pretty much a lock for the 8th gen winner since Nintendo and Microsoft shot themselves in the foot.

curl-6 said:
PS4's pretty much a lock for the 8th gen winner since Nintendo and Microsoft shot themselves in the foot.

Things look good for Sony right now, I'll admit, and yeah Nintendo needs games and Microsoft is just a mess at the moment, but Sony in the past has proven themselves more than capable of shooting themselves in the foot. Need I remind you..."Five hundred and ninety-nine US dollars....and Giant Enemy Crabs!" 

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

I don't really believe this E3 will determine a winner.. but it will possibly determine a loser(In total sales anyway) XBOX One... after the revealing and what is being said.. Microsoft needs to come up with some surprises and have a hell of a show.. (When your system is being called anywhere from XBONED to a Cable Box you know your going to have some issues possibly upon launch or shortly after) .. as it stands right now if Microsoft comes up short in showing off games.. and exclusives... they will be put in third and stay there.. even the Wii U will come back and beat them.. (After all the Wii U already has a couple of good titles.. and will be showing off more at the show.. as well as Nintendo already has a nice line up coming late summer.. and fall in time for the holiday season.. )

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)

Around the Network
TK14 said:
curl-6 said:

Things look good for Sony right now, I'll admit, and yeah Nintendo needs games and Microsoft is just a mess at the moment, but Sony in the past has proven themselves more than capable of shooting themselves in the foot. Need I remind you..."Five hundred and ninety-nine US dollars....and Giant Enemy Crabs!" 

They're riding a massive wave of positive press at the moment; they'd have to mess up pretty bady to cancel all that out and match the messups Nintendo made by going 2.5 years without adequate home console support, and MIcrosoft's disastrous X1 reveal.

no, just like every gen the winner will be decided over the years and not pre-release (of 2 of 3 serious competitors)

Sorry but no one knows. This is assumptions.

I agree.

impossible to say now. E3 does not reveal anything about generation winners, but only about companies plans (which can change); a lot of things could change with time.