By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can PS4 outsell Xbox1 in the US?

Which console will more sell more lifetime in the United States?

PS4 138 66.67%

Xbox1 69 33.33%

Total:207

PS4 will very likely outsell Xbox1 globally.  Xbox360 had about 1 year headstart, and PS3 still outsold xbox360 globally, so I don't see the next gen xbox outselling PS4 globally, especially since xbox1 won't have a headstart in release like the current gen.  However, Xbox360 outsold PS3 almost 2-to-1 here in the states, and xbox360 still outsell PS3 weekly here. 

Although Xbox1 is getting lots of bad press and rage from internet forums, I'm not quite sure that PS4 is going to outsell the Xbone in the states.  The yearly Call of Duty releases have so much internet hate from video game fan forums, but the the majority (if not almost all) American video gamers don't care, and much of COD sales are from the US.  All the badmouthing from VGChartz forum posters virtually had no effect in sales of COD games.  The internet video game forum posters are representative of much less than 1% of the average consumer.  Most video game consumers don't come to places like VGChartz to get their info.  So that's why I don't think all the internet rage at Xbox1 will not affect much of Xbox1 sales in the US.

Around the Network

It is really hard but I think PS4 can decrease the gap.

Ms just gave the finger to the mid west and a 3rd of thief consoles owners. I'd expect The ps4 to out sell it.

Outsell in the US mabye, but close the gap yes.

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

Can it? Well, yeah. Will it? I have no idea at this point. Get back to me in a year and might have an answer. As of now any of the three consoles could finish first, second or third.

Around the Network

MS will strongly focus on the shooter genre like they did this gen, so I think they will win America again.

No, I don't think it can. MS are going all out to take, or rather retain, the US market and there's nothing Sony or Nintendo can do about that.

I don't think so.
I feel like Microsoft has us in the bag.

Last time I checked, PlayStation already outsold the Xbox One by a large margin. I don't think a comeback is going to occur anytime soon. I don't even think you can find Xbox One's in stores anymore.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

It is possible; but unlikely. I think that the gap will be much smaller though.