By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - leaving MS consoles after ten+ years

Great time to pick one up, let alone the X1X. There is enough of a backlog to keep you busy and plenty of new games around the corner. Gamepass is a phenomenal deal if you're into that. It honestly super nice having BC. I never played the Saints Row games before and I just jumped into Saints Row 3 and I've been having a lot of fun with it. If it wasn't for BC I would have never played it.

Around the Network

If your friends only play xbox i guess there is nothing you can do about it.
Personally, I'd rather play alone on switch or on pc

TranceformerFX said:
The Xbox One is literally the worst console of this generation. Games Pass? For what? Forza and Halo? I know that example is dramatic - but the X1's exclusive library is total garbage. PUBG doesn't change that.

I wouldn't call it a worse. I'd say the PS Vita and Wii U are probably worse consoles even though I love my Wii U. Also the XB1 has like 15-20 exclusives of the top of my head which is a pretty good amount to buy a console for imo.

smroadkill15 said:

Great time to pick one up, let alone the X1X. There is enough of a backlog to keep you busy and plenty of new games around the corner. Gamepass is a phenomenal deal if you're into that. It honestly super nice having BC. I never played the Saints Row games before and I just jumped into Saints Row 3 and I've been having a lot of fun with it. If it wasn't for BC I would have never played it.

Nice, the BC has been rocking. the all time best is Saints Row 2 really hoping it makes the cut eventually. also hoping for the saboteur, and crackdown series

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

theprof00 said:
If your friends only play xbox i guess there is nothing you can do about it.
Personally, I'd rather play alone on switch or on pc

still have a top end PC.... hoping GPU prices go down in the next year as i would like to add VR for my HOTS flight sim setup.... I will probably get a switch at some point, there are a few Nintendo games always close to the heart, played some Super Mario 3 on my SNES the other day

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
TranceformerFX said:
The Xbox One is literally the worst console of this generation. Games Pass? For what? Forza and Halo? I know that example is dramatic - but the X1's exclusive library is total garbage. PUBG doesn't change that.

I wouldn't call it a worse. I'd say the PS Vita and Wii U are probably worse consoles even though I love my Wii U. Also the XB1 has like 15-20 exclusives of the top of my head which is a pretty good amount to buy a console for imo.

For some it might be the worst, for some it might be the best. It totally subjective.

For me personally, the Wii U was the worst 8th gen console but I don't regret buying it. I had fun playing Mario games, Splatoon, Bayonetta 2 and... that's kinda it for my personal taste. But I'm sure for others Xenoblade, Smash Bros, and Zelda games made it a great platform.

If a console has like 10 games you want to play or if you can see yourself using it for 100 hours, then I'd argue its a console worth owning. Its not like buying a X1 is a huge investment at this point anyway. It was $189 during the holiday.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

TranceformerFX said:

Those aren't the only games available through games pass.

jason1637 said:
TranceformerFX said:

The PS Vita isn't a console.

flashfire926 said:
TranceformerFX said:

Game Pass has way more than just Halo. But its easy to tell you didnt do your fact checking, because forza isnt even on the game pass.

Instead, what you have is: Halo 5, Halo Wars 1 and 2, all four gears games, mass effect, rise of the tomb raider, dirt rally, bioshock trilogy, saints row 4, mad max, borderlands, bayonetta, soul calibur, ninja gaiden black, dead island, dead rising 3, banjo kazooie/tooie, metro last light, darksiders 1&2, devil may cry 4, fable trilogy, recore, rime,  sunset overdrive, state of decay, and much more.

see for yourself: https://majornelson.com/blog/xbox-game-pass/

So the appeal is multi-plat games and "some" exclusives? Got it. I'll pass.

Hahaha..ha... Get it? 

Farsala said:
Well at least you got choices. The MS exclusives will be annoying to miss out on but most 3rd party games plus the bonus of their own exclusives is good to have. I probably will not decide on a console until after a few years.

Interesting. I ended up getting a console pretty early though after a full time job gave me some disposable income.

@OP, looks like you get to play them exclusives on the most powerful console, congrats.