By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - leaving MS consoles after ten+ years

endimion said:

And Kinect is being use daily to navigate the dashboard at my house saving us countless hours... I wouldn't do without voice commands now... And it has become a factor of choice for other products when they similarly time saving...

What the...

Kinect saves you "countless hours" navigating your dashboard? vs. what? Pushing an analog stick or clicking a couple buttons?  C'mon. If you prefer gestures and voice commands, more power to you. But please don't make it out to be some huge time savings vs. using a controller. That's just silly.

Around the Network
endimion said:
Don

XBO is doing great since it's doing better than the 360.... Aren't apple iPhone doing great even though they are far behind Samsung and even further if you take android as a whole???

And Kinect is being use daily to navigate the dashboard at my house saving us countless hours... I wouldn't do without voice commands now... And it has become a factor of choice for other products when they similarly time saving...

But yeah PS4 is doing ay better and Kinect could and should have been better.... Then again it took more than 15 years for touch screens to become truly useful on consumer devices.. And about the same for the www to become a key element of our daily lives in developed countries...
I could take the TV evolution or music playback devices as great example...kinect will be one day to voice command what the Walkman was to iPod or the Sony Ericson P800 is is o iPhone....

If Kinect was doing great it wouldn't had been kicked out of the box to drop the price and we would see people still buying the version with it... but looking at the lack of places selling you can see that people don't want it.

And about Xone selling better than 360, that is basically due to release months... it have consistently dropping closer to X360, and is losing market really fast... and outside USA it is a bomber.

And voice comand have almost 20 year now of try and failures.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

LudicrousSpeed said:
I also posted here that I would abandon ship if MS implemented the no used/rented game bullshit. Luckily they changed it, I bought one. I own all the consoles and for me it's been by far the best one. I know people like you who are bummed about Halo, but they made a calculated decision based on usage stats and figured this was the way to go. If it means a bigger and better looking campaign, I am all for it. But then again, the only Halo I played local co-op was the first one.

There are loads of amazing games. Check it out.

I'm with you. Loved the 360 but I wasn't 100% behind the Xbox One.  I bought it well after my WiiU and PS4 and it quickly became my preferred console.  I think more people just need to try it.  If you try it and don't like it, that's fine. 

spurgeonryan said:
You finally got tired of Minecrafting?

hah never, just breaks from time to time.... these days when i do play its less server and more the hardcore mode....
I will say i got pulled into the evil of FTP with warthunder and WoT after years of refusing to play as i know i would get addicted…. and while I have not spent that much in war thunder … I am almost ashamed of how much i have spent on wot …. though with warthunder I am strongly considering buying a stick and throttle

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

d21lewis said:
If you don't get an Xbox One, have you considered a PS4? You should try them both. Let us know what you decide.

I did think about it, a few ps exclusives have me interested... but its not where my friends game... that makes it tough to spend the money there... I will say i look forward the the FF VII pc port... that was the game that made me leave nintendo SNES for the PS back in the day... man playstation underground cd  thing was soooo cool back then

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
I know this is a necrobump, but what's with that attitude?

Want this console to do x, y and z and if it doesn't I won't get any console ever again even if they do exactly what I want. Do some people have loyalty to a brand so bad that they'd refuse anything else even if it does exactly what they want?

I would say in my case  its more about the morphing of something that i have enjoyed and had years of fun with into something i cannot recognize as a device to have fun with ... i know that sounds drastic ...  there have been subtle changes over the life of the 360 that should have indicated these masive changes in the one were coming … but i still see it as a shock, and for me much like the last sim city by E.A a wrong move.

it also has to do with my disagreement over the shift in ownership or first sale doctrine and the move to SaaS which is big in my industry but almost universally poorly carried out. being on the inside when SLAs are busted its not about fixing the problem but who gets the blame, and who pays the fine… customers and consumers are well an after thought… this is not just a gaming issue but a software issue as a whole …

edit... and again I came very close, like in the cart order stacked  I will sleep on it and buy in the morning close till I looked at halo 5 furhter... and what i read about it hurts, i would say on almost an emotional level ... its like watching a friend doing something that you know will fuck them up but nothing you can do about it

So after a long time away I picked up an Xbox One X, not quite living in a 4K world yet, but with the optical drive in my launch 360 dying/dead and most friends having hopped over I have made the leap.... man halo 5 was disappointing, on the bright side despite its flaws forza 7 ruled and I am looking forward to Red Dead

goddog said:
So after a long time away I picked up an Xbox One X, not quite living in a 4K world yet, but with the optical drive in my launch 360 dying/dead and most friends having hopped over I have made the leap.... man halo 5 was disappointing, on the bright side despite its flaws forza 7 ruled and I am looking forward to Red Dead

So you left because of always online and digital only and now you’re back for Games Pass and games as a service? How ironic.

Errorist76 said:
goddog said:

So you left because of always online and digital only and now you’re back for Games Pass and games as a service? How ironic.

He didn't say anything about GaaS though.

VGPolyglot said:
Errorist76 said:

He didn't say anything about GaaS though.

No, but that’s the reality and MS’s big goal, as we all know.