By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda Wii U will feature more unexpected elements - Aonuma

Please just don't force me to use laggy motion controls again! I loved everything else about Skyward Sword but they needed an option to at least fly without the damn motion plus!

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

Im tired of Aonuma´s Zelda.

pwin´ every other villain since 1994

This just made me realize that we probably won't see any substantial additions to WWWiiU. :( They're working on 3 Zelda games... so it's very unlikely they'll put a lot of effort into actually improving WW.

platformmaster918 said:
Please just don't force me to use laggy motion controls again! I loved everything else about Skyward Sword but they needed an option to at least fly without the damn motion plus!

I think everyone at Nintendo Miyamoto said it would be impossible to go back to non-motion controls after the masterpiece of motion controls that was Skyward Sword. Since, you know, that worked out as smooth as butter.

NintendoPie said:
platformmaster918 said:

I think everyone at Nintendo Miyamoto said it would be impossible to go back to non-motion controls after the masterpiece of motion controls that was Skyward Sword. Since, you know, that worked out as smooth as butter.

*swings wiimote naturally*

*Link sticks his sword out and waits for a command that has already passed*

Honestly they shouldn't have tried it unless they had made some improvement to get rid of all that latency or at least most of it.  Motion controls in Zelda should be used for aiming arrows and such.  That is all.  The flying with motion plus was the most asenine thing ever as my Wiimote would get turned around and start plummeting me as I'm pointing it up.  I loved the story, dungeons, and the final boss in SS but damn those motion controls held it back from greatness.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

Good; Skyward Sword was great because it broke conventions, I want to see more of this.

Never had any issues with Skyward Sword's controls through two full play-throughs. Enjoyed them a lot...except for the swimming...*shudder* But I would be fine if the new Zelda for Wii U is more traditional control-wise as it'll be more appealing to a wider audience again. They can shake things up and do "unexpected" things in the game itself, which they've already outlined in general terms in the January Wii U Direct. Doing dungeons out of order almost HAS to imply that it will be a much more open-world structure, without all the blockades that prevent you from accessing places until you've progressed in the story or have the right items. Also, some form of multiplayer could shake things up nicely. For those lamenting SS and TP's linear structure, Aonuma specifically mentioned in that January Direct that he had intended to change things in SS but wasn't able to get rid of the linearity. He makes it sound like a non-linear Zelda IS the focus for the new game. Also, I predict it'll be a more realistic style...not necessarily like TP or the Wii U tech demo, but it'll be something that directly contrasts Wind Waker HD's style.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

I do want to see some more general mechanics being introed .

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

It would be very unexpected to get and keep my sword after less than an hour of playtime. So, yay.

NintendoPie said:
platformmaster918 said:

Joke's on y'all, Motion Controls in Skyward Sword worked flawlessly for me. Best Legend of Zelda since Ocarina of Time.