By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda Wii U will feature more unexpected elements - Aonuma

Expect the unexpected from the new Legend Of Zelda Wii U game. That's the word from Eiji Aonuma who is busy working on the game that will rethink the conventions of Zelda.

As well as Zelda: A Link To The Past 2, Nintendo is working on an as-yet-untitled Zelda Wii U game. Speaking with Edge magazine, Aonuma said that the new Wii U title, like Link To The Past 2, will offer surprises for gamers.

"The new game (A Link To The Past 2) will play very differently to the original," said Aonuma. "I think the new additions will make players see the game in a different way. And, of course, we'll introduce even more unexpected elements in the Zelda game that we're making for Wii U."

In addition to Link To The Past 2 and Zelda Wii U, Nintendo is also releasing a Wind Waker Wii U remake. Fans will be hoping to see more of all three games at this year's E3 conference.

You can read the full interview with Eiji Aonuma in issue 255 of Edge magazine which is out now.

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

That`s really good news.
I like SS a lot because of how different it played, but maybe they overdid some things.

They won`t probably talk about it at E3 with Wind Waker and LTTP 2 coming up, but i hope to hear something about it as soon as possible.
Curious to see what will surprise people in LTTP 2!

Well, that's a step in the right direction. After how incredibly bland and structured Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were, anything similar to "unexpected" sounds great.

Yeah, right.

Oh whyyyyyyyyy do they like to talk about things so early. It's just painful especially knowing we're gonna have to wait years before we get to see it for real.

Around the Network

Since it's Aonuma, I get a bad feeling about those comments.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Will they introduce voices? If so i hope it does not take away too much development cost and the game is shorter.

MTZehvor said:
Well, that's a step in the right direction. After how incredibly bland and structured Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were, anything similar to "unexpected" sounds great.

Aww... TP is my favorite game...... I thought it was fantastic

keroncoward said:
Will they introduce voices? If so i hope it does not take away too much development cost and the game is shorter.

Voices dont belong in Zelda games. I prefer gibberish

Hoping the wii u zelda is good. Plan on getting it when it releases. Probably will get wind waker remake too.