By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Believe DriveClub Will Outsell Forza 5. And You?

Tagged games:

possible but it depends on the success of Xbox One and whether PS4 is that much more popular. I'm buying this game though, it looks like fun (more fun than any racing sim)

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
walsufnir said:
CGI-Quality said:

In such a case, GT can sell much, much more without bundling. However, I agree, that assertion is wrong. Shy of bundling, Forza is probably a 2-2.5million seller.

I think some users here are still getting worse with their posts. One can have an oppionon for sure but some comments... Of course GT sells better, everyone knows that, but the constant sh***ing on everything from MS gets disturbing these days... But it seems it's not only a VGC-issue:

[GAF]

Originally Posted by bj00rn_:
Is this how every Xbox related thread is going to be in the future? I don't mean the criticism part, but the juvenile LOL-ing of anything Xbox related in threads like these where it has no place. Does anyone actually think the random and nonsense vile is good for the forum?

GAF was once similar to Beyond3d Forums where many of its posts counted and had legitimate information/opinion. The constant one-liners and memes are getting out of hand and will not do the forum good in the long run...At the same time I having the feeling the mods are closely observing and it's perhaps a part of their tactic to eventually remove the clowns when the time comes.

[/GAF]

I've seen constant "shitting" on from all sides, to all sides. There's no exclusivity to it. Microsoft fans are just feeling the heat due to recent developments, but it's nothing out of the ordinary in the land of opinion (in fairness, even some of Microsoft's own fans have contributed to the negative hysteria).

But, that wasn't my reasoning behind quoting you. Just making a distinction, while agreeing with your overall point. Hope that makes sense. :)

Of course there is shitting from either side but especially the choice of words is sometimes disturbing and perhaps I am exaggerating because of there are way more $ony-fans on forums. And yes, I see many things critically from MS also. But it is also *how* someone states his opinion. Therefore bolding the "one-liners" again.

And of course your post makes sense - you are one of the "good" guys on my list ;)

walsufnir said:
007BondAgent said:
forza cant sell without being bundled thought i doubt driveclub will do any better

And I hope you have a very reasonable chain of argumentation for this. Otherwise one could say the same for GT (which is also wrong).

forza 4 was struggling till it was mass bundled, forza 3 was also the same

Plus gran turismo relies on bundling for legs, not sales.

I have no idea who will sell more.

007BondAgent said:
walsufnir said:
007BondAgent said:
forza cant sell without being bundled thought i doubt driveclub will do any better

And I hope you have a very reasonable chain of argumentation for this. Otherwise one could say the same for GT (which is also wrong).

forza 4 was struggling till it was mass bundled, forza 3 was also the same

Plus gran turismo relies on bundling for legs, not sales.

And I hope you have a very reasonable chain of argumentation for this.

Around the Network

With bundles, this is very possible. It worked for Motorstorm...

walsufnir said:

And I hope you have a very reasonable chain of argumentation for this.

He has a point, but Forza 3 and 4 weren't struggling.

F3 sold about 1.8 mil in 10 weeks, F4 1.5 mil in 10 weeks. Its safe to say they would have sold around 2.5-2.8 mil without bundles. Its a similar story for the Fable games. 

Edit: Watch your quote trees - Kresnik.

Well, Diver Club will outsell FM5 for sure. I think the reason is,

The biggest racing game market is Europe and the European gamers are more fancy to PLAYSTATION. So the install based of PS4 will be much bigger than XBOX One. Due to this, Drive Club will outsell FM5. It is not about the game quality, it is just due to the preferable console.

It's competing with GT6 mostly. And GT will win by a large margin due to brand and installed base.

Forza 5 will outsell Drive Club for sure, I'm surprised anyone would think otherwise.

They'll probably be about even, or Forza will be slightly higher.

I am the Playstation Avenger.