By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Believe DriveClub Will Outsell Forza 5. And You?

Tagged games:

007BondAgent said:
walsufnir said:
007BondAgent said:
forza cant sell without being bundled thought i doubt driveclub will do any better

And I hope you have a very reasonable chain of argumentation for this. Otherwise one could say the same for GT (which is also wrong).

forza 4 was struggling till it was mass bundled, forza 3 was also the same

Plus gran turismo relies on bundling for legs, not sales.

Struggling? Forza 4 wasnt mass bundled.

Around the Network
foodfather said:

With bundles, this is very possible. It worked for Motorstorm...

He has a point, but Forza 3 and 4 weren't struggling.

F3 sold about 1.8 mil in 10 weeks, F4 1.5 mil in 10 weeks. Its safe to say they would have sold around 2.5-2.8 mil without bundles. Its a similar story for the Fable games. 

I was hoping he would answer - no all the fun is gone :(

walsufnir said:
foodfather said:

F3 sold about 1.8 mil in 10 weeks, F4 1.5 mil in 10 weeks. Its safe to say they would have sold around 2.5-2.8 mil without bundles. Its a similar story for the Fable games. 

my keyboard is broken, so i like to avoid long dicussions :P

007BondAgent said:
walsufnir said:
foodfather said:

Yes, sure ;)

walsufnir said:
007BondAgent said:
walsufnir said:
foodfather said:

Yes, sure ;)

hahaha, it's true though [;

Around the Network

Doubt it. Perhaps if PS4 outsold Xbone 2:1. But if Xbone sales are 80% or more of PS4 sales Forza will beat out Drive Club.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

depends. If MS is advertising forza well then forza will beat driveclub.

Chris Hu said:

Turn 10 might have a lot of manpower but they are not going to waist a good chunck of that manpower to make a 360 version of Forza 5.  You might as well put that in your sig already Forza 5 for the 360 is not going to happen.  As a matter of fact the last mayor 1st party retail title for the 360 is going to be Fable Aniversary Edition.

I love your conviction. Sad to see MS letting the 360 go so easy, Sony has some major releases for the PS3 in store (GT6, Beyond and that funky Move horror game, and others).

Playing Demon´s Souls, I see, very nice game. Does the soul exploit in the Nexus still work?

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

You mean the  item duplication clitch it still works I just tried it out.

Want to make another bet ethomaz?

I think Forza 5 will sell better, for one main reason, bundles. Forza Motorsport 2 sold 2.5 million units in bundles, MS wants this franchise to be big.

Plus, I think your arguement is flawed to begin with. Motorstorm was an early PS3 title and it sold 3.77 million. Resistance was a launch title and it was the best selling games in the series. Twilight Princess for the Wii was a launch title, and it outsold Skyward Sword 2:1. So one could easily argue that being a launch title, with a wide audience, it could sell well since most X-Box One (and PS4) early adopters will be a bit starved for games.

However Forza 5 could do really bad, it all depends on how good of a game Turn 10 makes it to be. There is a reason why FM3 outsold FM4, not only is it a much better game, but it was also a big improvement over FM2. If FM5 makes a game with a similar structure to FM3, and really improves the features/physics, I can see FM5 outselling FM4, and Drive Club too.

Still, I'm willing to make a bet with you. Best selling game by January 1st 2015 wins? Pre-adjustments.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results