By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Believe DriveClub Will Outsell Forza 5. And You?

Tagged games:

Michael-5 said:

Want to make another bet ethomaz?

I think Forza 5 will sell better, for one main reason, bundles. Forza Motorsport 2 sold 2.5 million units in bundles, MS wants this franchise to be big.

Plus, I think your arguement is flawed to begin with. Motorstorm was an early PS3 title and it sold 3.77 million. Resistance was a launch title and it was the best selling games in the series. Twilight Princess for the Wii was a launch title, and it outsold Skyward Sword 2:1. So one could easily argue that being a launch title, with a wide audience, it could sell well since most X-Box One (and PS4) early adopters will be a bit starved for games.

However Forza 5 could do really bad, it all depends on how good of a game Turn 10 makes it to be. There is a reason why FM3 outsold FM4, not only is it a much better game, but it was also a big improvement over FM2. If FM5 makes a game with a similar structure to FM3, and really improves the features/physics, I can see FM5 outselling FM4, and Drive Club too.

Still, I'm willing to make a bet with you. Best selling game by January 1st 2015 wins? Pre-adjustments.

No bets

Everytime I did a bet I lost... when I didn't do bet I won... so I will support Drive Club victory without doing bets

Around the Network
foodfather said:

With bundles, this is very possible. It worked for Motorstorm...

walsufnir said:

And I hope you have a very reasonable chain of argumentation for this.

He has a point, but Forza 3 and 4 weren't struggling.

F3 sold about 1.8 mil in 10 weeks, F4 1.5 mil in 10 weeks. Its safe to say they would have sold around 2.5-2.8 mil without bundles. Its a similar story for the Fable games. 

Edit: Watch your quote trees - Kresnik.

I used to keep track of Forza Motorsport sales, and I recall FM4 started to get bundled when it was a bit over 2 million sales (maybe 2.2/2.3 million). The game probably would have eventually edged 3 million without bundles.

FM3 I think would have got 3.5-4 million.

However it's not like Motorstorm wasn't bundled, I remember seeing it being bundled with the last BC PS3's, so call me crazy, but I think even without bundles Motorstorm would have done worse then bundle-less Forza.

---

Still, regardless of which game sells better, I find it funny that Forza is going head to head against Drive Club and not GT. LOL PD played it smart making GT6 for PS4, it's probably going to be the most realiztic sim on a 7th gen system (not necesarily the best racing game though).

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

ethomaz said:
Michael-5 said:

Want to make another bet ethomaz?

I think Forza 5 will sell better, for one main reason, bundles. Forza Motorsport 2 sold 2.5 million units in bundles, MS wants this franchise to be big.

Plus, I think your arguement is flawed to begin with. Motorstorm was an early PS3 title and it sold 3.77 million. Resistance was a launch title and it was the best selling games in the series. Twilight Princess for the Wii was a launch title, and it outsold Skyward Sword 2:1. So one could easily argue that being a launch title, with a wide audience, it could sell well since most X-Box One (and PS4) early adopters will be a bit starved for games.

However Forza 5 could do really bad, it all depends on how good of a game Turn 10 makes it to be. There is a reason why FM3 outsold FM4, not only is it a much better game, but it was also a big improvement over FM2. If FM5 makes a game with a similar structure to FM3, and really improves the features/physics, I can see FM5 outselling FM4, and Drive Club too.

Still, I'm willing to make a bet with you. Best selling game by January 1st 2015 wins? Pre-adjustments.

No bets

Everytime I did a bet I lost... when I didn't do bet I won... so I will support Drive Club victory without doing bets

LOL okay, either way I think the victor will go to whichever game is more heavily bundled. Both will sell reasonably well.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

WagnerPaiva said:
Chris Hu said:

Turn 10 might have a lot of manpower but they are not going to waist a good chunck of that manpower to make a 360 version of Forza 5.  You might as well put that in your sig already Forza 5 for the 360 is not going to happen.  As a matter of fact the last mayor 1st party retail title for the 360 is going to be Fable Aniversary Edition.

I love your conviction. Sad to see MS letting the 360 go so easy, Sony has some major releases for the PS3 in store (GT6, Beyond and that funky Move horror game, and others).

Playing Demon´s Souls, I see, very nice game. Does the soul exploit in the Nexus still work?

I might be wrong about Fable Aniversary Edition being the last major 1st party title on the 360 as there are strong rumors they are going to anounce another major 360 1st party title at E3 but I'm sure it will not be Forza 5.  One more redesign for the 360 is still posible also just have to wait a couple more days to find out.

It is possible considering xbone's current situation and the amount of people that are switching to ps4. This will be even more likely if casuals become aware of these horrible xbone policies that scream anti-consumer and get a ps4 instead.

Around the Network

*Comes into the thread to laugh at OP
*Sees OP
Huh, suddenly it all makes sense.

I don't think Drive Club will get anywhere near Forza 5.

For a start, it's the 5th Forza
I still think the One will be more popular than the ps4, yes the internet hates it but it's the Internet and it never reflects real life.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Of course it will. It's looking like the world and his wife are going to be boycotting the One. I really can't believe that Microsoft have fucked up this launch so much tbh. The only thing that could save the One from flopping hard is if Sony do the same sort of anti-consumer bollocks...and I really can't see them being that daft after the reception that Microsoft have had with the One since the news leaked a while back.

Zizzla_Rachet said:

What that pictures is suposed to be?

You agree or disagree with my prediction?

I'm sure he disagrees that is more footage from Forza 5.